“The kitchen is let down by the wait staff”
Review of Casa di Nico - CLOSED

Casa di Nico
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: The city of Rome wasn’t built in a day, but the end result still stands today as a testament of great planning and execution. Casa Di Nico located on King Street Wharf will surpass every expectation you have of authentic Italian food. Casa Di Nico will capture your heart with everything on the menu made fresh the true Italian way. It has a wide selection of delectable pizzas, pastas and desserts and much more. Inspired by simple, fresh ingredients, the menu incorporates the traditional robust flavours of Italy with an innovative approach to contemporary Italian flare. Sit down and relax with your friends, family and colleagues and enjoy the enticing aromas from Casa Di Nico’s bustling kitchen, accompanied by the spectacular water front views which will undoubtedly create that extra special memorable dining experience.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

First impressions are good. Friendly welcome by the restaurant manager and quickly seated. Good menu offering something for everyone. Chose a traditional pizza, glasses of wine and asked for water. 15 minutes later the wine arrived, only just the correct quantity, no water. Pizza served on wooden platters, can we have some water please? From then on we were ignored. No would you like desert, or coffee, or more wine. What a pity the food is good, the restaurant is well laid out and a great view of the passing boats. Sped some time teaching the wait staff everyone will be happier.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Over priced small serves toast was burnt on edges cooked over flame had a really strange smell and un inviting. Fruit platter fresh but the waiter forgot the yoghurt and berry coulis it was Ro be served with. Coffee okay

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Service is incredibly slow. The staff are inexperienced and forgetful. The coffee wasn't bad but the food was over priced and unappealing.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The newly decorated Casa Di Nico offers a pleasant experience in the heart of Sydney. The food is tasty and innovative. The service is efficient and friendly. The wine list is exhaustive with some good bottles offered at a very reasonable price. A pleasant experience that I warmly recommend.

1  Thank Eric G
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I went here for me and my partners anniversary last night. My partner has Crohn's disease and cannot eat anything containing gluten as it makes him sick (so it's the same dietary needs as a celiac). And it is extremely hard to find resturants who cater for food intolerances. So when I found a restaurant on the harbour side that said these exact words on their menu "We are happy to cater for Celiac���s, lactose intolerant and any other dietary requirements that you may have. Please let a member of staff know when ordering" I was thrilled.
However when we went to order our food we were informed that they did not have gluten free pasta or pizza bases. So why would you say that you cater for Celiacs in your menu if you don't have gluten free options of meals originally containing gluten? That is not 'catering' for celiacs that is simply just having other foods on the menu that don't have gluten...
Although this made me extremely frustrated I didn't bother asking questions as I didn't wanna ruin our evening by complaining and getting angry.
He ended up taking a chance and just having normal pasta(he's a fussy eater and wouldn't of liked any of the other dishes) and he didn't want to disrupt our evening as we wouldn't of been able to find another restaurant by then so he risked feeling sick after his meal. I had penne boscaiola and he had penne bolognese. Both pastas didn't taste home made at all as the menu also stated just tasted like store bought dried pasta.
Overall the food was nothing special. Definitely wasn't worth $25 and $22. Also when I pay $9 for a glass of wine I expect a proper wine glass not a tiny skinny glass that only has about 8 sips worth of wine in it. We shouldn't of wasted our money bothering to try to go out to a nice meal for his food needs as the information given in the menu was pretty much a big fat lie. We would of had nicer food at home. I'm not even a qualified chef and I make better tasting pasta dishes at home (at least then it would be gluten free too!!!) Lucky the view and atmosphere was good enough to make the evening decent. I will definitely not be returning though

1  Thank Ellen J