“Prime is PRIME!”

Cuisines: French, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Sydney and Australia's Best Steak Fine Dining Restaurant offering a first-class dining experience. Prime is the world’s most innovative grill room and steakhouse. This steak restaurant is known for serving the best steaks in Sydney CBD. Prime Steak Restaurant has pioneered many changes for the steak restaurants industry since opening in 1999. • Prime Restaurant - The first steak restaurant in Sydney to introduce dry-aged beef to its menu in 1999 • Prime Restaurant - The first steak restaurant in Sydney to offer wagyu in 2002 • Prime Restaurant - The first steakhouse to only offer the “centre” and most consistent part of our selected premium cuts in 2004 • Prime Restaurant - The first steak restaurant to expand its menu and offer over 18 different steak options in 2006 • Prime Restaurant - The first steakhouse restaurant to offer “Graded” grass-fed steaks in 2009 • Prime Restaurant - The first steakhouse to introduce a premium Meat degustation in 2016
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

A great steakhouse tucked away in the basement of the Westin. They have a good variety of meat... Yearling, Black Angus, and Wagyu. For the Wagyu, they have a 6+ and a 9+ for you to choose from. There were 3 of us and we wanted to try a few things, so we ordered the sampler and a chateaubriand to share... The meats were fantastic. Although they took a while, it was definitely worth the wait. They were cooked to perfection.

Aside from the steaks (and a good selection of wines), the Smoked Mocha on the dessert menu is definitely worth trying as well.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Hands down the best steak we've ever had - and I eat a lot of meat. I had the Fillet with potato puree and red wine jus, which is always a winner. My partner had the rib eye with pepper sauce and gratin which was equally tasty. For starter we tried the wagyu and quail yolk tartare which was one of the best things I've ever tasted as well! Coupled with some brilliant wine recommendations from the dashing chap (Will) in the suit who was divine and really looked after us. Definitely the best meal I've had that I can remember. Gunning for a pay rise at work so I can come here more often!

2  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

All the staff were so friendly and knowledgeable. The wine selection was the best I have seen for a long time, gave me a chance to sample some classics with my steak. The food cooked to perfection and the sauces were to die for. Not the cheapest, but quality is so good. Would highly recommend and would definitely come again

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Whist visiting Sydney my nephew took me to prime for my birthday before going to the theatre.
We had an amazing meal with wonderful service from Will who offers great advice on what is available. The scallops are amazing and the steak cooked to perfection.
A definite must for a quality restaurant.

1  Thank Alexandra10
Reviewed 11 March 2017

Visited this restaurant with friends to celebrate a special occasion. I was a little skeptical about a steak degustation menu, but am happy to say Prime provided an amazing meal and experience.

There were no problems with meeting dietary requirements and the Chef even substituted dishes when required. service was impeccable and the staff surprised us with a special plate of petite fours and a personalized message.

This was a very expensive night out, but was a unique experience and a venue we will return to