“In a city littered with average Thai restaurants Spice I Am stands out”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Spice I Am

Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Surry Hills
Sydney, Australia
“In a city littered with average Thai restaurants Spice I Am stands out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Sothern Thai with quality, consistency and no adjustment for the local the palate. Whilst the founders of the Spice I Am empire are less engaged than a few years ago the Wentworth Av. Spice I Am delivers great Thai, flavorsome, with lots of care taken with ingredient selection. The Pad Prik King with Pork Belly is wonderful, as is their Pad See Ew and Crispy Fried Fish. Staff are friendly and happy to assist with suggestions. The kitchen also have some preparedness for dialing down heat content if necessary - though I'd suggest you give it a try as is.

• Visited December 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Always great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This is the local thai restaurant and you can rely upon great service and food. I like the variety of starters, they have some more interesting choices than your average thai place

Visited November 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Drunken Noodles!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Fabulous drunken noodles to be had here - don't miss them! The flavors were complex and deep for both dishes we tried, and prices were certainly reasonable (especially for lunch). Make sure your travels take you here for lunch or dinner!

• Visited November 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Probably has degraded in its qualify of service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

This is my 2nd visit to this restaurant and I have to say that the service and atmosphere do make a difference in our overall experience. I had a very pleasant first experience two years ago but I think things have changed a little since then.

The positives:
- still probably the better Thai food around Sydney
- quick in delivery of service

The negatives:
I only have one. The staff were rude - they were not accommodating to customers request and was very hurry in taking our dishes away (before we even finished it). Also they gave us bill before we even asked for it.

I could understand if its a packed restaurant with customers queuing but we were the first customer for the day and the restaurant wasn't even packed when we finished.

I used to strongly recommend this place but with the experience today and its pricing , you'll enjoy much better at other Thai restaurants nearby. Cheaper and much friendlier.

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Nice one!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Excellent meal, excellent service. I was longing for some pork belly for some days already and my crispy pork belly dish more than kept me happy - fantastic flavours and great value for money. Would definitely return.

• Visited October 2013