“Yummy and well priced Brekkie with Million dollar view”

Passello Restaurant
Ranked #4,182 of 5,891 Restaurants in Sydney
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Wollongong, Australia
“Yummy and well priced Brekkie with Million dollar view”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stopped here to have breakfast with friends. Coffee yum. Chocolate Milkshake yum ... Bacon & Eggs, Eggs Benny and Eggs Florentine all well priced and all tasted exceptional - my thanks to the cook/ chef. After a great night out at 'Strictly Ballroom' we really need a lovely brekkie, our waiter was friendly and attentive and we'd come back to Passello just to have another yummy breakfast. Maybe next time we will have dinner here too :)

• Visited June 2014

Hamilton, New Zealand
“Lovely family dinner, great attentive service!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Fantastic!!!! We stopped in here while enjoying live entertainment at Darling Harbour. Our party of 8 sat outside even though it was 10degrees.The staff were very attentive. Daniel, the MOD, organised two heaters for us and suggested perfect meals for all. Thank you Passello, Daniel, Stephanie and Steven for your hospitable and welcoming service! I highly recommend you visit this place if even for just a glass of vino :)

Perth, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Take your own sharp knife to cut the veal.”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Ordered veal masala for our main course. Bad choice!!! Although sliced thin the veal was so tough that it required a strong sawing motion to cut it. The masala could not be tasted and it was served on poorly cooked cauliflower with nothing else to augment it. On top of all that, it was served Luke warm. Quite the worst meal we have experienced in Sydney. I note that others in their reviews have also commented on the poor quality of the Veal Marsala.Service was friendly and efficient and the location also gives it a head start however nothing can compensate for the very bad food. We did not stop for coffee or dessert!!

Illawarra
“Do Not Eat Here!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I hate leaving bad reviews, but I had to warn the rest of you…
Although the view is stunning, with a lovely backdrop of the Sydney CBD, the food was so disappointing and the service, even worse. We had too many issues to list them all here, but to give you an idea; I ordered a cocktail upon arrival and never received it. 25 minutes later, I asked them to check on it and it ended up taking 40 minutes to come out. There were several miscommunications with the staff, who even ordered the wrong meals for some of us. A guest on our table ordered Lamb Shanks – and they never came. When the staff discovered that they has forgotten to order that meal, they said that their kitchen was closing and it would take too long to make the shanks, so told our guest to order something else. The guest then settled for Lasagne… I’m sure you won’t be surprised to hear that the waiter ended up bringing out Veal steaks with shank sauce slopped over the top of it. On another note, I ordered Veal Marsala which was so tough that I couldn’t even cut through it. The cauliflower on the bottom was so sour (I am not too sure what was making it taste like that) that I took two bites of my meal and couldn’t eat the rest. It was literally inedible, and I wasn’t the only one on our table who left the meal on the plate. I won’t harp on about the rest of the issues, but needless to say, I really enjoyed my Mcdonald’s burger afterwards. At such a stunning waterfront location, I am embarrassed about the tourists that must come to Australia and eat here. Honestly, this was a disgrace and we were extremely embarrassed about deciding on that particular restaurant to take our guests. An overall horrible experience.

3 Thank Georgia K
Singapore
“Authentic Italian!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

we initially made other plans for dinner, but due to massive crowd, we had to find an alternative. had walked past Passelo and even though it was crowded, we were quickly given a table.
Service was quick and good and food was superb! Alot better than what we had expected. Prices were also reasonable. We had their special passelo set dinner and it was well worth it.

I will defo recommend this to anyone who wants good italian food by the harbour! :)