“Discriminatory Bouncers”

Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Discriminatory Bouncers”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Highly disappointed in the service my friends and I received last night. I understand security guards have the right to refuse entry but the way my friends and I were treated was the most upsetting part. We felt discriminated against for absolutely no reason.

Yes Hugo's staff have to deal with a lot of drunk idiots but when you deny nice people and only let half of the friends in to the club, how is that fair? The 'manager' on-site was extremely rude and should know how to handle unhappy customers by firstly having the respect to look a person in the eye instead of swearing at us and clearly not giving a 'damn'.

We will never return there and would not recommend it ever again.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Mel C

“Hugos is a joke!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Hugos is a joke. I had just finished DJing at a private party with 60+ friends, who we all decided to meet up at hugos. Because I had to breakdown my equipment, they went ahead of me. About an Hour later (still early it was only 1130pm) I arrived at hugos only to be stonewalled by the bouncers and its management at the door that wouldn’t let me in, no matter what, without reason. I explained the situation and a dozen friends even came over to talk to the bouncers for me from inside, still no go. The door guys at hugos are pricks and take this ‘exclusivity attitude’ too far, i don't care if you are just doing your job it’s just downright discriminatory and rude. Talk about a waste of my time. The funniest part is I run a Sydney based DJ company in which some of my guys even DJ’d at hugos before. I staff a dozen DJs and we have our clients always asking for good venues to host their parties at, including high end corporates and property developers. By pissing me off Hugos door guys unwittingly blew about 100,000k at least in lost referral business from me per year. Yeah smart guys! Matter of fact it’s probably more than that... Hugos is definitely now on my “de-recommended” list due to this experience, I can only wonder how many other people’s time they waste. Trust me, stay away from this place and the discriminatory, pretentious attitudes of its management and go somewhere else!

Visited April 2014
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
“bouncers arrogant”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Worst place of my stay only two of us and would not let us in but let a group of five ladies in, how does that work?

Visited December 2013
UK
“$5 pizza Sundays are worth it”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

They have $5 pizza on Sundays from 8pm - 11pm and they are worth every penny. Good size and different options of toppings. Very yummy. The cocktails we had were also different to the usual.

• Visited March 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Great Pizzas Good atmosphere”
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Great Pizza´s and a great atmosphere. It sounds cheesy to say this but there were many beautiful people hanging out at Hugos bar in Sydney! Great place to be single, bit of a tease if you are spoken for.

• Visited October 2012