“Good Italian and GF friendly”
Review of Il Puntino Restaurant - CLOSED

Il Puntino Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 December 2013

A very nice small Italian restaurant with a nice menu and gf pasta available. The service was good and our meals were excellent.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

(I've never wrote a negative review, until now)
Apparently the food is good...but, I wouldn't know, nor would my friend. We took our girlfriends there while visiting Bondi Beach. It took only a minute for the server to seat us but almost 10 minutes for him to take our order. One of the girls ordered the "Nocci and Raviolli" listed clearly as a special on the sign but, we were told it was "Nocci or Raviolli." She accepted just the raviolli and the rest of us ordered right after her. I ordered garlic bread with my meal because the server suggested it would "come out before our meals." After 20 minutes, no garlic bread...but as long as it got there before my meal I guess he wouldn't be lying. The tables that were seated after us received their meals and we started to get frustratred. After 25 minutes, the girls' food showed up but still no garlic bread and no meals for my friend and I. The girls waited to eat until our plates showed up out of respect but we insisted they eat, it was clear that we had no idea when our plates would arrive and we didn't want the girls' food to get cold. After 40 minutes, a server from a different section realized that it was odd that my friend and I were not eating. Our own server couldn't recognize that we had no plates. She put in a rush for our plates and told us it would be another 10 minutes. The girls had already finished and it was already 9pm. We paid for their check and left to get to Luna Park before it closed. The girls said the food was good, but we wouldn't know....

Reviewed 7 September 2013

This out of the way ( bottom end of Crown Street ) little gem is a must for pastas and pizza's. We arrived unannounced on Friday night, no booking and the place was almost full, however we were welcomed with a great Italian fanfare. Delightful service, great food ( nice, well balanced menu ) licenced or BYO, and great value for money. We will go back very soon to try some of the dishes we haven't tried yet. Bravo!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We ate here one evening, stumbling upon it. The restaurant is a small place, sort of rustic interior. The staff are very accommodating, they found us a table even though they were actually booked from 8, and served our food quickly so that it all worked. Some of the staff's English is funnily still pretty basic, the cook is the cheeriest fellow around. All in all, a place where you feel at home.
We had daily specials (fish and meatballs), ravioli and pizza. The pizza and ravioli were superb, freshly made and excellent combination of ingredients, the daily specials were nice. The pannacotta with berries desert was actually the best I've ever tasted.
They are BYO (although they charge per glass not per bottle).
Good place to pay a visit.

1  Thank MomandKiki
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Friendly helpful owner and waiters. Good menu, However my wife and brother in law could not finish the fish meal. And did not omit an ingredient from the pizza my sister in law ordered and requested. If you go to this restaurant watch what other people order first to be sure you will be happy with it.