“Good food, good atmosphere”
Review of Alfredo

Alfredo
Ranked #294 of 6,032 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: US$24 - US$39
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Dined with a large group and we had not booked. The service was good and the food very good. Great atmosphere with a piano playing gently in the background. The profiteroles are a perfect end to the meal.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was troubled by the reviews of this restaurant but my wife and I thought it deserved a chance. We are so glad we did. The food was outstanding! Okay the service left a little to be desired but we could not fault the endeavour. The maître de was very attentive and chose a great Italian wine to compliment our meal. They were very busy the night we were in with a large walk up and the staff coped as well as can be expected. I think some reviewers may be expecting a bit too much. If you want great food, fairly priced and well matched wine list then I think you can mark a restaurant in the upper ratings! Don't you?

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Friends said this is a great place for Italian food. They were wrong. Whilst the building is old and historical (according to the story in the menu) that is not enough to make a good experience. We arrived early (around 6.15 p.m.) for a nice Italian meal. We found the food less than average, not served hot, and the service slow and not friendly. In fact the Maitre D seemed as if he would rather be somewhere else. The wine list showed mostly wine they said was out of stock -- if that is the case, why list it?
For the slow service and poor food, we won't be back.

1  Thank Chris15570
Reviewed 25 June 2014

More that his food and that 'an identity now descriminante in the restaurant world,
Unfortunately, since the fish has no smell Mediterranean in Australia, let alone from
Alfredo that although fresh fish will not be able to reach the true flavors because it does not have a manual
Italian cuisine but only in people of other culture gastronome, and only Chinese. I find the food quite washed, and
without primary taste. The dough does not have the quality to the palate but still aldente pasta overcooked.
The quality of the food can not find it at all sincere and I do not see professionalism in the dishes.
Dishes and ice cream tastes very bad. I find it unnecessary to copy tastes and customs Italian and entrust them to
People who do not have the slightest cultua of true Italian cuisine. Plus I find the courtesy gastronimica
normal practice in restorative appointment, and I did not and seemed to see no humanity, it
cosider much less than what is presented in the menu. I got to see in the menu dishes with words and
Italian names, but for the sake we are very far away, and the beautiful and that he did not realize anyone inside the restaurant.
The presentation of squid with green lettuce and 70 years old, this restaurant and at the center of
Sydney and do not agree with this choice to flaunt old everywhere. Human contact and one of the important things in the world of
catering, sincerity and honesty are the primary things, to keep and to be transmitted to
any customer. I only saw a huge amount of hypocrisy access. Not'll be back in this
restaurant because for me the kitchen and the scent of life and respect of the same, and that if there was a minimum
of respect among fellow countrymen would surely have been a nice experience to try again.
not sure with these dishes quite old and tasteless. My judgment and Italian, and certainly not from Australia, although they are wonderful people,
still do not know why our taste and defrauded by entrepreneurs who fit into the kitchen people do not ITALIAN.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I had been recommended Alfredo's by a close friend and as a Sydney local decided to give it a try with my young family. I wandered in at lunch-time to book a table for that evening, I should have known what was coming when it took 5 minutes for someone to acknowledge me (there was perhaps 15 people in the restaurant - so not busy). The 'someone' was the head waiter who to say was grumpy and unfriendly would be an understatement, more of him to come later.

We arrived at our designated time and were met by some other waiting staff who were courteous and helpful. With two young kids we ordered relatively bland children's size pasta menus for them, plus some calamari to start.

The calamari was average - but tasted too much of oil. The pasta was again average. The shock came with the bill - they had charged entree prices for the kids meal - $23 for a small plate of penne napoletana. I thought they had made a mistake and asked the head waiter to have a look at it for me, which he agreed to do. He brought back the bill and had knocked $10 off, without any comment - just dumped it in front of me without saying a word. Needless to say no tip.

In summary - great location, nice ambience, grumpy unfriendly head waiter, other staff nice, poor to average over-priced food.

4  Thank lucketts55