“Epitome of the best of Sydney”
Review of Guillaume at Bennelong - CLOSED

Guillaume at Bennelong
Price range: US$0 - US$872
Cuisines: French, Australian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This is perfection - beautiful French food at the best spot in Sydney.
It was my birthday and where else could you go than sitting at Guillaume looking across to the harbour and the bridge.
By arriving just after the theatre crowds had left, we managed one of the better tables for a view.
We had the full degustation and they looked after Lynn's allergies superbly.
Everything was perfection except perhaps the wine.
We rarely take the matching wines option but on this occasion, we had the options of matching French or Australian wines.
Out of curiousity, we chose one of each matching menus.
The better choice was the Australian selection whilst the French group was quite disappointing.
There is occaionally a cultural cringe with our wines assuming that French must be better but dollar for dollar, our wines offer both quality and value.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Dined here in May with work colleagues - decided to have the 8 course Degustation delight at $195. Meal started off wellwith the yellow fin tuna and then the globe of artichoke, followed by scallops and then john dory, then duck. Yum. However, the rib eye Tajima of Wagyu was most disappointing and infact well under cooked on my colleagues plate which she was not able to eat.The souffle at the end tasted like a hot chocolate and there was simply far too much served in the beautiful serving pot -
This restaurant has amazing sweeping views of sydney harbour, the bridge and over to circular quay. Mind the steps on the way down into the restaurant - people can slip and make quite a dramatic entrance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 23 May 2012

We dined at Guillaume with some friends from the UK recently, it was an amazing dining expeience. Every part of the meal was orchestrated to perfection - and to make it more impressive we where eating in one of Australia's most iconic buildings. I could find no fault with the whole experience.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

I celebrated a new years eve with friends here and the dinner was perfect. After was a lovely concert and then canapés and drinks on the concert halls forecourt whilst we watched the fire works.

But back to the Bennelong, this restaurant is simply stunning.The service impeccable. Located in the southern sail of Sydney Opera House, Guillaume at Bennelong offers contemporary Australian cuisine with a classical French influence. It was a set menu but had two choices and we had a Vegetarian with us which we told them about when booking and he just loved his choices and my erstwhile friend rarely likes anything.

Open Tuesday to Saturday for Dinner and Pre-Theatre dining; Thursday and Friday for Lunch.

Simply the Best, we won't discuss money if you have to ask then you won't want to go. Sometimes quality, enjoyment, and the experience, just dont have a price, simply Marvelous!

5  Thank VangeInternational
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Had an old business friend from offshore to entertain on his one spare night in Sydney.

Quay was booked out, so we had to settle for the view of the Harbour Bridge and passing ferry traffic from Guillaume, instead of the Opera House and passing ferry traffic. It was no compromise. In the wash-up, I was delighted with the choice.

The service was pleasant and understated. Piers, the headwaiter was knowledgeable and understandably proud of his chef. He kindly warned me that some guests had been shocked at the raw state of the delicious tuna dish starter, but I was able to explain that I loved sashimi. My colleague's barramundi was served with a veal jus. Piers offered him the opportunity of a ginger, soy and coriander, which in my opinion (and his), in the event, should have been accepted.

Overall, I was a winner on each of the four courses, with the tuna, scallops and caviar and a brilliant wagyu beef.

The wine list was predictably expensive, but the charming red sticky grenache was quite reasonable. The Tarte Tatin and cinnamon ice cream was adequate, but not the piece de resistance, it should have been.

It was an expensive evening, but I felt it was worth it.

1  Thank AverageBloke14