“Sunday Special”

I'm Angus Steakhouse
Ranked #245 of 5,992 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: View, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: I'm Angus Steakhouse is an award winning steak house boasting the finest Australian beef and freshest seafood on the waterfront in Darling Harbour. The open chargrill brings the passion of the 1980s into the modern century with a flair that is unsurpassed in the industry. If you are a ribs lover, I'm Angus will "wow" you with their giant pork or beef ribs that always turns heads when coming out of the kitchen. Our professional chefs have an extensive knowledge of meat products, and nothing but the premium quality will be put forward to our guests. One of Sydney's little treasure that must be discovered at some point during your time!
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Bargain hunters, that's us - Sunday night, in for the special - main and dessert $28 - we had the Barra and Rump - excellent - should have got some sides as well but did well with what we had - desserts were top shelf as well - only trap was, and this probably applies to most places in Sydney, is there's a surcharge on Sunday's, in this case $5 per person - some places have a % surcharge - but this still didn't take away from a good dining experience - service was very good, atmosphere good, recommended

There are newer reviews for I'm Angus Steakhouse

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We went down to Cockle Wharf to seek out a dinner before we went to the Lion King show at the Capital Theatre as this was enroute from the 1888 Hotel. The internet had said the restaurants didn't open until 6 pm but by the time we got there they were doing a roaring trade and we had to go on standby. The door host was accommodating but fair - we told her we had a time limit and she got us in about 15 minutes on the basis we were out by 7:15 which suited our needs. Service was prompt and very professional. This is a very busy restaurant but the staff were like a well oiled machine and there was never a lull as they worked between the kitchen and the tables. The $28 dinner special (steak or fish + dessert) was very reasonably priced and popular with the diners. Food was delicious and none was wasted. We had a salad as well, coming in a generous bowl. The barramundi was my choice - grilled, while John had the steak. Our orders were taken quickly but took a little while to arrive (about 35 mins) but worth the wait, well-cooked and hot. The four sorbets finished the meal nicely. I would like to go back and try the lunch specials (only $18). The menu was strong on steak in keeping with being a steakhouse.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This restaurant is usually crowded with tourists as its location is perfect on Cockle Bay Wharf. You have a choice to eat outside overlooking Darling Harbour or inside. As the temperature on that night was a bit cool, we decided to be seated inside. However we regretted it as due to insufficient fume extraction the whole restaurant was filled with the odours caused by the grill. The prices are on the high side. When checking the bill we realized to our great surprise that we had to pay for ordinary hot water. The service was friendly though.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The service was excellent considering how busy this venue was with the Vivid Sydney Festival going on. We had a booking, arrived early and were seated immediately. I would recommend booking as the queue for those without was growing by 630pm.

Our main server was Andrea' and he was excellent. His timing was spot on and he even fixed the wobbly table we were seated at.

The meals were of high quality. The Angus cuts are not overdone with marbling and leave a lovely buttery taste in your mouth.

I can recommend the Tasting Plate for 2 as an entree. Particularly the salt and pepper calamari with passionfruit sauce! This will leave you room for a main and dessert. You should try the Belgian Chocolate dessert. Not too big and very delicious.

We found the gaps between courses were long enough to allow each to settle without being too long.

Overall, we would recommend this restaurant. Although if you are looking for an intimate venue, don't come here. It is loud and busy.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We decided to find a restaurant that had a view as it was Vivid lights weekend. We weren't disappointed. The food was really good, the menu had an appropriate range to choose from (too much makes it a chore really). Considering it was an extremely busy night, we only had to wait about 30 minutes for our meals. As we had a 5 year old child with us, the wait was a concern for us but did not turn out to be a problem. Our waiter was really friendly and polite and nothing was a bother. The prices are what you would expect for that area and the wine selection was varied and ample. The only negative I can think of was the online booking, I booked online the week before but had no return call to confirm the booking, so when I rang a few days later they had no record of my request. This was quickly rectified and with an apology as well. I will be back again to this restaurant.