“Worst service ever experienced”

I'm Angus Steakhouse
Ranked #284 of 5,832 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Business meetings, View, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: I'm Angus Steakhouse is an award winning steak house boasting the finest Australian beef and freshest seafood on the waterfront in Darling Harbour. The open chargrill brings the passion of the 1980s into the modern century with a flair that is unsurpassed in the industry. If you are a ribs lover, I'm Angus will "wow" you with their giant pork or beef ribs that always turns heads when coming out of the kitchen. Our professional chefs have an extensive knowledge of meat products, and nothing but the premium quality will be put forward to our guests. One of Sydney's little treasure that must be discovered at some point during your time!
Milano
“Worst service ever experienced”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We organized a dinner for our office.
Service was unfriendly, and way below expectations. the food is ok but by no way makes up for the staff attitude and the service received.
DON'T GO.

Nicks R, Manager at I'm Angus Steakhouse, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear alpuri,

We do sincerely apologise if the service on the night was below par. Our focus at I'm Angus is all about embracing our guests and giving them an "experience" to remember!

We hope you can give us another chance! Thank you for your feedback.

Best Regards,
I'm Angus Steakhouse Management

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Steak & Great Wine ... Yum Yum. Fine Dining - Affordable Lunch”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We popped in with our 3 kids under 5 years old to a great known - fine dining restaurant in Darling Harbour based on their lunch time specials menu.
Fantastically Priced (Sub $20 Mains) for Lunch, and matched with a Bottle of I'm Angus Pinot Gris that was delicious - we really enjoyed our food.

The staff were very helpful, and the extra attention they gave to our Children (removing knives & extra wine glasses, faster meals for the kids) made Mum and Dad very happy. We actually got to enjoy the experience !

For Just $15, the kids get a 2 course meal with a drink ! Steak, Calamari, Fish, Chicken with Chips, Salad & Sauce. Beautiful Ice Cream and sauce for dessert.

We used our Entertainment Card and scored a $30 discount off our meal - Well worth the investment !

Visited July 2014
Auckland, New Zealand
“Non-existent Service”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We were visiting Sydney and thought we would pop in for a meal on a Monday night. It started off well, we were greeted instantly and than shown to our tables. We ordered Drinks and food. The waiter was less than interested to be there. We had a 2 kids with us and after asking about 3 times and waiting 20 mins we finally got our high chair that we requested. For a monday night it was quite busy, there was a large group of people and I understand they had booked in advanced but yet there was not enough staff on (poor planning). Well, they didn't have A grade staff on to care about the guests who were actually in there paying for more than a salad and soup. While we were having dinner, we requested some water from our waiter. I thought, that would be easy to bring since we were sitting right next to the bar. He Forgot. We asked him 3 times with 5 - 10 minute interval. By this time we had all run out of drinks. After dinner (still not water), our plates sat around for 20 minutes before it was collected. They kept walking by and they clearly saw we were finished. Still waiting for the water 30 minutes, we had to ask the Maitre D if there was any one in particular we have to wait for to get us some water. Hospo 101: when patrons sit at a table, fill their glasses with water. After asker her, we rudely got a response and some water. Finally. After we our glasses filled, they took our plates. we requested for desert menu. and you guessed it... 20 minutes later and asking 2 people we got the desert menu. We ordered, and the deserts were fast to come to our tables. When we finished, who comes over to ask if we needed anything... our waiter. We wanted to order some more drinks but were afraid that he would be making the wine himself or picking the tea leaves, so we refused. I didn't feel like waiting for another 20 minutes for anything. Waiter had no interest in our table while we were there and when we finished our meal, he comes over to farewell us. Seems like he just wanted us to get out of there.

Spending $300 at this place for mediocre food and terrible service was not a good end to our visit to Sydney. I am pretty sure I can get the same amount of useless service at any take away.

In conclusion, I would not recommend this place. We were treated like we were second class citizens, there was no service and if you were dying of thirst don't go here. They have poorly trained staff and customer service may not be in their vocab.

I recommend that this place invests in some A grade staff who pays a slight bit of interest in their patrons, we are not paying big bucks to deal with your poor planning and service.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank 1rand0m
Nicks R, Manager at I'm Angus Steakhouse, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear 1rand0m

All we can do is apologise for what you feel about us. Our staff undergo extensive training in product knowledge and guest service. This obviously wasn't felt by you and all staff will be made aware of your comments.

We will continue in our training with a focus on our guest, hopefully when you return you will find a difference in our delivery. Having been established in Sydney for a great number of years with a reputation to uphold, this is our priority.

Best Regards
I'm Angus Steakhouse Management
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Perfect steak, perfect views”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We had a fantastic meal here, food was amazing one of the best steaks I've ever eaten, the view was great, good service, absolutely nothing to complain about, one of our best nights in Sydney, capped off by the free fireworks display over darling harbour, doesn't get any better then that.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank tracey43_13
Baulkham Hills, Australia
“Great set dinner”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

My wife and I were after an early dinner and passed by Angus having early dinner set at a very reasonable price and a good variety of food choices. We enjoyed the food and services for that evening.

Visited April 2014