“I'm Too Full”

Bayern Bierhaus
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 9 June 2016

We had lunch on the most miserable of days. Staff were very friendly and new their food and beverages. After a couple of pilsener ales and a little sour apple snapps we were served a tasting platter for two. What can I say. It was like I was in Germany. Cheese Kransky, Kaiserslotten, Bratwurst, Some type of mince balls on a skewer, chicken snitzel and the best cooked smoked hock I have had for a very long time. This was the meat but then there was potatoes: mash, chips, potato salad and a knodel. Did I mention coleslaw, sour kraut and red cabbage. We tried but failed miserably to finish but it all was delicious and right for a winter's type day.

2  Thank Paul v

Reviewed 9 June 2016

We had a Scoopon for the meat platter which included the platter, 2 drinks and a shared desert. It was incredible value the highlight being the pork knuckle with amazing crackling and the red cabbage and saurkraut sides, Biers were also v good. The manager and the other staff were very warm and friendly from the moment I made the reservation over the phone to the time we got the bill. Will definitely return again!

2  Thank Trevor C
Reviewed 5 June 2016

Salty food, like eating a mouthful of pure salt. I had to stop eating as it was too salty. We got a container to take the leftover food home which was good as at least I could then mix it at home with veggies to calm down the saltiness. There were only two waitresses looking after I'm guessing 80 clients. Poor girls. They were doing the best job they could given the overworked circumstances. The owner of this place must be a stingy slave-driver. Poor quality food with the only redeeming feature of this restaurant being the two girls who tried their best to service all the patrons. 1-gold-star to each of the two overworked girls who even managed to smile at the end of what must be a tormenting shift.

1  Thank PiggySlippers
Reviewed 29 May 2016

It is hard to argue with the title of this review.

If you are a suburbanite of Sydney, you will picture Darling Harbour as overpriced and showy. With a few mates and a little research, this doesn't have to be the case.

A beer in a dingy pub anywhere in Sydney will set you back at least a fiver. To be able to drink "real bier" by the water, with table service so as not to distract you from the view of the beautiful people, this is one of the best value drinks around.

If you have the cheap lunch special, I will be honest. Not crash hot. A little bit meh. Schnitty, burger, the like. More like kids' food. But if you splash out and spend an extra tenner on the main menu, well, I hope you like pork knuckle. The platter is huge, and seems a good deal when split between friends. And considering how many Germans were eating there yesterday, my guess is that it's somewhat authentic.

The waitresses have all the skills, qualifications, certifications and assets to make you think for a moment you might be in Germany. Let them take your order.

Oh, and the bier.

The bier makes it hard to go back to the squishy carpets and poker machines of the burbs. Sorry, but you have to.

2  Thank shinraemonsam
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Living social had an offer for this German Restaurant so I purchased five vouchers for me and my friends. After reading some of the negative reviews I was a little hesitant about eating at the restaurant. Well can I just say it was one of the best German meals we have had. The service we received from Natalie was exceptional and we were lucky enough to be seated at the front of the restaurant to enjoy the views. My only gripe, the wine was a little pricey. My group of friends would have no hesitation in recommending this fabulous German Restaurant at Darling Harbour.

2  Thank Maria T