“A great night out!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #52 of 151 Restaurants in Wagga Wagga
Price range: US$15 - US$33
Cuisines: Bar, Australian, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The Riverina Hotel's restaurant, The Grillhouse, recently went through an upgrade whilst keeping the old-charm feeling of the building intack.Listed in the SMH's 2013 Good Food Guide.
Sydney, AUS
“A great night out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

I took my parents out for dinner on a recent return home from Sydney. The food was excellent and presented well. I had the rib eye steak which was magnificent. My parents are fussy eaters. My mother had the pork cutlets and was raving!! A very good wine list and topped off with dessert. I think this is a good restaurant, pleasant atmosphere and well priced for what you get.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jbmadigan
Chris R, Owner at The Riverina Hotel & Grillhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Hello,

I have just read your review and I sincerely thsnkyou for taking the time to write the review. We have been through some recent changes and I am glad to see that these changes are taking effect.
If you have any recommendations, please email me at info@theriverinahotel.com.au
Chris Roche - Owner/Licensee

wagga wagga
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

I went with a group of 12 and we found the food very disappointing. My beef wellington was overcooked, tough and dry and the pastry was like cardboard. 3 of us had this dish & they were all the same. Another friends fish was raw in the middle & her veggies very overcooked and mushy. My husband had the Oysters for his starter and they were still gritty ($30/ dozen you expect to be pretty tasty!) They were also supposed to be 'kilpatrick' but had no Worcestershire sauce on them. The service was very slow. We waiting over an hour for our mains to arrive so we were starving by 8.45! Some of the men said their steak was very good, but had very few veggie /potatoes to accompany. The waitresses kept getting the men's beer orders wrong (about 4 times) so they ended up ordering at the bar instead. Overall the service was very average and the food was not enjoyable, considering it cost $100 per couple! We will not be visiting again, unfortunately.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Chris R, Owner at The Riverina Hotel & Grillhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
Hello Emily R

I have just read your review and I sincerely apologies for the dissappointment of the night.

I would be sincerely grateful if you can please make contact with me via email ( info@theriverinahotel.com.au ) as I need to know when you were at the hotel and any other feedback you may have.

Your complaint is being taken very serious and is being looked into.

Chris
Melbourne,
“Not as good as I remember”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

We have always loved eating here but this time was a bit different. The new decor is very nice but there was something lacking! Our entree of oysters natural and lime granita were nice but not great! My husband's duck was supposed to come with sprouts but instead of telling him they had none, it just arrived minus them. Ordinary effort, I think!! When we told the waitress she asked if he wanted beans, which appeared promptly. My (well done) eye fillet with surf & turf sauce was good, but again, not great!! The service was a bit slow but he restaurant was not busy! We may or may not give it another try next time we're in town.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Coolamon, New South Wales, Australia
“Very disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2012 via mobile

My partner and I went out for a 'date night' and decided to give the restaurant a try as we has been there in the past and it was nice. We were the first customers of the evening and the only ones for at least half an hour so I'd hate to see what it would be like when they're busy!!

The service was ok, but my main problem was the awful food. Being a steakhouse, obviously the majority of the food is steak, which is fine because I was there with my steak loving partner but I don't eat red meat so was left with only the duck to choose from. My other half had the surf and turf.

Where do I start, my duck was awful the skin was soggy and chewy and the meat was so rare and bled over all my vegetables. My other halves steak was terribly undercooked and the prawns were terribly overcooked plus they had re-used the heads off another prawn, what looked like many times before. I generally don't like sending food back because I'm scared about retaliation as I've worked in kitchens before and know what people are capable of so we didn't complain and frankly I didn't have time to wait for it to be redone.

$97 dollars poorer we left, still hungry because I couldn't eat my food. I don't recommend anyone bother. If they can't get the meals spot on when you're the only ones there, they have no chance when it's busy. Super expensive and not worth it at all

Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent entrees and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

Beautiful and charming restaurant. Reminds me of New England. Great entrees and service. Highly recommended

Visited November 2012