“A truly magical experience......”

The Kangaroo Sanctuary
More attraction details
Owner description: Home of the famous Kangaroo Dundee documentary series (BBC UK / National Geographic USA) Visit kangaroos in their natural habitat on a guided sunset tour.
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Walking through the golden light of an cutback evening in the peace of the beautiful Australian Bush with Bŗołga and his mob of kangaroos is a never to be forgotten experience. Add to this the opportunity to hold a cute little orphan Joey in his pillowcase pouch and to be able to stroll along listening to all the wealth of knowledge that Bŗołga has amassed about these fascinating creatures over the years and you will realize how privileged I feel to have been able to take part in several of these wonderful Sunset tours over the past few days. If you go to Alice Springs Î highly recommend a visit to this truly magical place.

4  Thank Terri M
There are newer reviews for The Kangaroo Sanctuary

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Kangaroo Dundee (Brolga) is everything you could ever ask for in a wildlife experience. He is a storehouse of knowledge, and is happy to share it with you while you tour through his sanctuary. We got to carry the babies, Robert and Jesse, while we walked through the complex, and that was a special treat in itself. This is a tour which is a "must-do" when you are in Alice Springs!

5  Thank eclectic80498
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This was a fantastic tour. Brolga is such a nice guy and very informative. He has such a great passion for what he is doing.

4  Thank Cynthia B
ChrisBarns, Owner at The Kangaroo Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

G'day, thank you for taking the time for your kind review. And thank you for visiting my Sanctuary. I'm really happy you enjoyed my guided sunset tour. Take care. Cheers Brolga

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I was visiting family in NSW but decided to spend some time exploring the Red Centre, in particular Alice Springs to visit Brolga and the roos. What a wonderful experience - Brolga is so easy to be around and such a lovely guy. There were only two of us that evening so we had the Sanctuary all to ourselves for three whole hours. Jesse the bus driver was part of the experience and she very kindly took photos while I shared carrying Jesse (the joey) around the Sanctuary with the other lady on the tour. I couldn't believe how generous Brolga was with his time, and how genuine he is - just as you see him on TV. Because I'd seen both the series and read his book I felt as if I'd known him for ever. Roger was his usual mad-as-a-cut-snake self and Brolga popped over the fence into his area to demonstrate how he chases him around. Being in the Sanctuary as the sun set was a magical experience.

3  Thank Saesnes
ChrisBarns, Owner at The Kangaroo Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

G'day, thanks for your kind review and great photos. Take care. Cheers Brolga

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Anybody who watched Kangaroo Dundee with the lovely Brolga should do the Sunset Tour with him if visiting Australia. This was the highlight of my Month in Australia. There was just eight people on our tour, we got to meet the famous Roger, and carried some orphan joeys Robert and Jess on our walk round this beautiful place. So peaceful, what a perfect evening.

3  Thank Steph0549