“Becoming an Alice icon”

The Rock Bar
Ranked #12 of 92 Restaurants in Alice Springs
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Australian
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Alice Springs, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 6,178 helpful votes
“Becoming an Alice icon”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The rock bar has been growing from strength to strength, especially with superior food and with the unfortunate demise of Bojangles next door.
It is located on Todd St opposite the Alice Springs Town Council lawns.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank 1TraveltheWorld

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Wotton-under-Edge, United Kingdom
“Rockin' Place”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Excellent steaks at very reasonable prices and oh the other food on offer is also of a good standard. Great selection of refreshments on offer and a handy location in town centre.

Visited March 2014
Coffs Harbour, Australia
“The Rock Bar Rocks!”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

A month ago I went to do the Rock Tour to Uluru with Alex as our tourgide,.. He was one of the best gide's Ive met so far. Friendly en fun. But this review is about the bar right? So after the tour was ended we all went to go for a meal and drinks at the rockbar. It was Awesome! Such a friendly staff and some great Live music played by 2 dude's,.. I had the lasagna for Dinner and of course the usual Jug of Beer! The price of the food was really cheap and the food was tasted great,.. Later one after some more beers people getting to start dancing and it gets later and later,.... I would recommend this Bar to everybody who goed to Alice Springs,.... With our without going to do the Awesome Rock Tour to Uluru,..

• Visited February 2014
Reading, United Kingdom
“Really good food & atmosphere BUT....”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I visited The Rock Bar at the end of The Rock Base Tour (5/5) while staying at Toddy's (5/5) (all owned by the same company). The food was really good, hot & fresh, with big portions. The atmosphere was great and we had a great night, so why only 3 stars?

As the night went on, I went to the bar to order a $12 jug of beer and gave the bar woman $50, she very quickly gave me $8 changes and turned her back to walk away, I called her back and she immediately gave me the remaining $30... There is no doubt in my mind that it was deliberate, others in my group had been over charged for drinks (paying different prices for the same drinks) but I'm not sure if it was the same bar woman... These things are normally down to one rogue member of staff, I'd still recommend the place for food & drink, just count your change!

“Go and have a beer”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

By far the best bar in town. Live music was very good. Locals and tourists both frequent this bar and was a great night and a great atmosphere.
We took the rock tour with the same company and was fantastic. Thanks to Jackson our tour guide and the rest of the group. Good mixture of people made for a good time.