“Closed”
Review of Katja's Kafe - CLOSED

Katja's Kafe
Cuisines: Australian
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Seems to have closed - the cafe was not there when I looked this week. Was for sale on Gumtree last month. The other cafe "Page 27" in the same arcade was packed out this week.

1  Thank PeteAus87

Reviewed 16 July 2013

There's a real buzz about this little cafe just off the Todd Mall (don't bother with the cafes on the Mall itself, most of which don't have indoor seating). The menu is amazing, everything tastes fresh, the meals are enormous - and as much as possible is made 'in our little kitchen'. Coffee is great, too. You know a place is good when the locals outnumber the tourists in this town! The bad news: the business is for sale. We can only hope it's bought by someone who understands what great food is, and is prepared to offer great options for vegetarians or those who need gluten free food.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

What a treasure of a cafe....squirrelled away in an arcade in the Todd Mall.
Be warned once you try their homemade cakes you will have to go back again and again.
I accidentally happened upon this place a week ago...had noticed crowds of happy people outside before then but had not ventured in...I now know what all the fuss is about!
The coffee is magnificent not only does it taste good but the cappuccinos sport the loveliest fluffy chocolate art that I've ever had the privilege to turn into a post coffee moustache ....
First cake I tried was pistachio and yogurt cake...think When Harry meet Sally response..while eating it!
Next time ...lemon and yogurt...it was so good my daughter actually thanked me for taking her out to lunch...
Today was banana and yogurt....my goodness...sooooo good....I really shouldn't be telling everyone because there mightn't be any cake let for me.....oh and don't stop at the cakes....pumpkin and coriander soup with thin bread things is wonderful...price is good too $12 for coffee and cake (art on fluff free). The table numbering is a hoot too...instead of numbered they have little animals on sticks to I'd your table...so far I've been a peacock, a dog and a zebra ...plus all tips go to the RSPCA...a real jewel in the Desert....ps Katja doesn't run the place anymore it's now run by a mighty fine gentleman by the name of Dinesh....it's a fabulous place run by fabulous people give it a go when in alice

1  Thank Delcene J
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Katja's Kafe is by far the best place to get coffee in the Alice. The service is excellent and the unique baked goods are great for satisfying your sweet tooth. The menu items for both breakfast and lunch are quite tasty as well, my favourite being the toasted paninis,

Reviewed 16 April 2013

We went to Katja's Cafe twice while visiting Alice. The greatest coffee and lovely friendly faces! The best service, and lovely toasties, yummy muffins and milk shakes. Special fresh healthy salads, nice atmosphere!