“Hmmm... not sure”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Hmmmm… not sure. After reading the reviews of the other contributors I felt like I must have been to a different place since my experience did not fit the mould. I agree that the atmosphere inside the restaurant is very nice. The place is divided into a number of spaces of various sizes with intimate lighting. The menu is quite interesting with a range of dishes from south east Asia. But that is where it stops.
When we booked over the phone we were asked if all members of the party were over 18, which was rather odd, but explanation was not given. Once we arrived at the address we realised that the restaurant was inside a casino! Well, one wouldn’t want children to be exposed to it I guess.
The staff were more or less interested in only getting the meal order and then disappeared, perhaps to hide their embarrassment that they didn’t know much about the menu. We were considering a drink going past the mineral water that was initially poured in our glasses, but gave it up since there wasn’t anybody in sight to discus it with.
Out of the tree mains we ordered one was quite good, but the others were not quite there, with one being burned and stuck to a cast iron dish, hmmm a mistake. Also in a restaurant like this one would expect all plates to arrive at the table at the same time, but that did not happen here. One side dish arrived when we were half way through the meal with a comment; here is some more! The deserts on offer were uninspiring, a lot of ice cream.
I understand that not everybody wants to be waiting on tables or speaks the local language fluently, but a bit of training could go a long way.

2  Thank Krakonosh

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Excellent venue ... the food, ambiance and the service! Yummy food, quiet surroundings, clean and good price!

Reviewed 12 April 2012

The food is great quality. It's a combination of Thai, Indian, Chinese and Korean dishes, which is a similar menu format to Hanuman but, in my opinion, better. The service is attentive - perhaps a little too attentive (on one occasion, I was asked how the food was before I'd had a chance to eat any, and was subsequently asked by two different waiting staff). This suggests perhaps some attention to coordinating the activity of the waiting staff might be in order. You can't complain that they're not interested. The restaurant is in the bowels of the casino complex - so no windows and you can't even see the door from any of the tables. It's a cosy environment, if a little enclosed. I was comfortable there but I wouldn't take a claustrophobic friend with me. They have made considerable effort with the decor, to good effect. Prices are about right for what you get in Alice Springs - given the quality of the food, I'd say it represents good value.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

If you like Indian food, then you need to try Sukra's. I didn't eat out much, but the food here was very good. It is reasonably priced too compared to some places in Alice. It is actually inside the Casino. They have a few restaurants there. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

The service was superb and the food was excellent although a little more on the plate would have been welcome, more expensive than the Juicy Rump but worth the extra money.