“good, bad, & ugly”

Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Alice Springs
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Good: I had a nice arrival and found the desk very courteous and helpful to make a couple of phone calls for me to confirm local tours. My phone was toast. I enjoyed the coffee and hot chocolate in the lobby. The room was cleanly enough; although showing signs of wear in the bath.
Bad: The bathroom window above the toilet had been left open and I had to climb on the toilet to close it. I wasn't very happy about this since I am a little mobility impaired. I ate at the restaurant. Very convenient, but extremely overpriced. Absolutely no atmosphere at all. Breakfast was free, but only the continental side of the buffet. I did not pay the extra for the hot buffet. I felt this was a little cheap of the hotel.
Ugly: The cardinal sin; I stayed 2 nights and got charged for 1 although both were pre-paid. I think having 2 desk clerks involved was responsible for this. They always take a credit card for deposit. That credit card wound up with a security breach and was changed for me by my credit card company. I was still stuck with the 1 night over-charge. Although, not the $5000 plus someone tried to charge to it. You would think clearing an over-charge would be an easier matter; but we are a world away. Which is more likely---1 night overcharge or forgetting to charge me 1 night?
Location is just fine and this is a good price point hotel for the area. However, I would skip it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank cheri b
Dougal M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Godsgirl66,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and feedback is appreciated.

I am very pleased that you found the reception team to be courteous and helpful, and enjoyed the free drinks in the lobby, I am sorry that the provision of free continental breakfast was considered a cheap offering. As an economy hotel with very affordable room rates, we are limited in the amount of services we can provide free of charge. We do provide free water and hot drinks in the lobby, free 30 minutes wifi daily and free movie channels for all guests. Some of our room rates also include free continental buffet breakfast with the option to upgrade to a cooked breakfast for just $11.00. We do hope that this is a suitable option for our guests.

Regarding your credit card charge, unfortunately I can't check the details through an anonymous review and I ask that you please contact me directly. I will be very pleased to resolve any issue. My direct details are +61 8 8958 3311 and dougal.mcconnell@accor.com.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Have stayed here a couple of times, first time with Heather as receptionist, fantastic customer service.
Second time, I wish we had her again! not going to name and shame, but customer service didn't exist! terrible introduction to the hotel. If i hadn't stayed here before i would have gone somewhere else. so rude and dismissive i actually was in shock.
Hotel is very simple. but for the very low price, cant ask for much more! good place to come back too after a hot day exploring. would stay here again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Dougal M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thanks very much for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thanks for mentioning Heather at Reception.

I am sorry that your welcome on your return stay was not as good, and ask that you please contact me so I can get some further detail to follow up.

You can contact me directly on 08 8958 3311 or dougal.mcconnell@accor.com.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

great hotel, great staff (especially heather stewart who was exceptional) and lovely pools. Get the feeling that to be so close to the hub of things in alice springs is tricky and have a nice hotel. Very central and walking distance to most thing. If I return there, will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the team.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for mentioning Heather -- see does do a great job.

We hope to see you back again before too long.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis is one the best ones I recommend it to anybody .Very clean and tidy, Staff is very courteous and co-operative.Good location,the food is excellent. Service Simply Brilliant and Perfect.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sunita,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit so much, and we hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Always enjoy staying here. The hotel is tired but the staff, from grounds crew to reception to restaurant to GM, are all super-friendly. Location is central, walking distance to everything. Obviously there are several options in Alice but I just like the fact that the staff are doing their best with what they have to work with.

Room Tip: Pool view's always a nice option, if available.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thanks very much for taking the time to review the team and I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Reception staff very helpful and friendly. Large room clean and comfortable. Restaurant and grounds a bit tired.Close to town centre and all amenities. Ideal for a short stay in Alice without being over expensive

Room Tip: Rooms on 1st floor are quieter
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks very much for your review. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Alice Springs and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

This was a simple stopover prior to going on to Uluru.
The staff were very pleasant and helpful, but that is where the good part of this review ends.
the whole place is a bit of a shambles and could really do with an update.
The pool area was not very well maintained and felt uncomfortable.
We were also advised not to go out after dark and if we really had to, we should get a taxi even if was to go 200 yards up the road. There had been reports that several tourists had been attacked/mugged in the immediate area a few nights earlier and it was not safe.
so we decided to stay on site and eat in the restaurant. A good basic meal was had at very good price.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TrevEv

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you found the hotel staff and dinner experience to be good.

I am sorry that some other aspects of your visit to Alice Springs were not up to expectation, and thank you for your feedback.