“Amazing adventure”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing adventure”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

What a fabulous time we had with trek Larapinta. Fantastic guides. Unbelievable scenery. Well planned days. We ate well and had everything we could possible need in an environmentally aware setting. A must do for anyone who enjoys a walk. And Trek Larapinta were excellent from booking staff to our great guides.

4 Thank RowenaofCroydonPark
FriendsofLarapinta, Manager at The Larapinta Trail, responded to this review, 11 November 2014
Hello Rowena,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of your trek with us. It is very gratifying to hear that you enjoyed the way our trek was structured and it sounds like you appreciated our camp, the food and amazing guides. I hope we can host you on another trek in the future.

Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“TrekLarapinta's 6-days tour”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Ever since I heard of the Larapinta Trail I knew that I just had to do it some time. Booked a 6-days tour with the eco-friendly company TrekLarapinta. And it was just really great: well organised, professional and friendly. The day-tours gave stunning views, great walking-experiences and the food was excellent. We all soon felt like a walking-family and even though it was cold at night we had a great time around the campfire.
A long way from Denmark to Alice Springs for 6 days, but it was worth it. So thanks a lot to Holger, Ben and Ann and the rest of the walking team for the 6 wonderful days. Just the way I want to experience Australia. I really want to some of the other tours the company is organising.

Visited June 2014
5 Thank hlhbDenmark
Hello Hanne,
Thank you for being Trek Larapinta's first and best Danish trekker! I have passed on your praise to our amazing guides - Holger, Ben and Ann and we all look forward to seeing you back in Australia soon.
Hoi An
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Trek Larapinta”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We are just back from the Redbank Gorge to Ormiston Gorge section of the Larapinta. The Larapinta trail is never-to-be-forgotten, must-do trek. We are completing it in stages and this was the second chunk we completed - now we have to fill in the gap between the two chunks. I see reading below that Trek Larapinta have had excellent reviews.. Our experience was somewhat different. We used them to taxi us out and taxi us back. The lady in the office was terrrific. Now here's the but. Richard, our driver (and apparently the MD of the outfit) was too much of a smart-alec for my taste. He was hassled by an uptight NZ couple when we arrived which may not have helped but when we said it had been agreed that they would keep a couple of town bags for us for our return, he snapped that it was not their usual policy but that was what had been agreed. He misinformed us about the key for the food drop and one of our number had to go back to the parks office and confirm that the key they had given us would open the food lockers. The trip out was at break-neck speed, and it felt like it was well in excess of the speed limit but certainly in complete disregard to our comfort. And it was accompanied by a disparaging smart-alec commentary, always verging on the insulting. He had the pick-up point wrong and then asked us to remind him to correct it, which seemed lazy. He left us with the impression he was doing us a favour supplying the service we were paying for, that it was beneath his dignity to be driving us and he was not going to accomodate us in any way. On our previous trip, our taxi guy had picked up us at the airport rather than insisting we meet in town and had ensured that we had water containers full of sweet town water before we left Alice (and all this despite the fact he was racing a camel that afternoon). Richard needs to learn some customer service skills or leave it to others and stick to the managing.

1 Thank Andrew K
TrekLarapinta1, Owner at The Larapinta Trail, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Hello Andrew K, thank you for awarding our transfer service 5 stars, though it seems you had some issues with how it was conducted. As I (Richard) was the person who was responsible it is appropriate that I respond. Firstly the original time you organised to be collected in Alice Springs was pushed out by 20 minutes or so because of your flight being delayed, as you mentioned I also had another couple of people to transfer at the same time as your group and that did put them under time pressure, I didn't feel hassled or pressured by them and didn't find them uptight, however as you stated. I did start to feel a little time pressure when you went missing in action to find yourself a snack when everyone else was seated in the vehicle and ready to leave Alice Springs, another member of your group went to find you and you returned with a toasted sandwich. Never the less you were found and we all then set off to your transfer destination. I ran through a check list with everyone in the vehicle to make sure nothing had been overlooked and I asked if your group had a food locker key. The member of your group responsible for this said he was given a key to Wallaby Gap and proceeded to show me a hand written receipt from the Tourist Information centre for the key deposit, which did indeed say Wallaby Gap. I advised that this is not a food locker location and that you would need to clarify with the info centre that you had been given a key to open the food locker at Ormiston Gorge, where your food drop was going. I did not misinform you about this, the Information Centre staff did. You mention us keeping luggage for you which is not our policy however I made an exception for your group and was happy to do that as a further service to make your Larapinta Trail experience go smoothly. I transferred you in a Toyota Landcruiser Troop Carrier which has side facing seats, if you have never travelled in a vehicle like this before it can feel as if you are going faster than you are, which is the only explanation I can have for you saying I drove at 'break neck speeds', as a professional driver I always respect speed limits. By the time we arrived at the first drop off location you advised me that you were feeling unwell (unfortunately another by-product of travelling in side facing seats) I asked you if you would like to come and sit in the front seat to help alleviate your symptoms which you did. The only 'smart alec' comment I recall making was when one of your group asked to use a toilet and as we were nowhere near any facilities I advised that out here 'every tree is a lava tree'..apparently you didn't find this amusing. You were dropped off at your location and I bid you farewell and bon voyage, a few days later we were contacted by your group to change your pick-up location which we happily organised for you and even though the change should have incurred an extra fee because it was a further distance than the one you had organised previously, we did not charge you any additional fees. Andrew whilst your 5 star review is appreciated, your factual errors and misinformation about your experience with us is not.
Echuca, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Trek Larapinta (9 Day)”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Can not more highly recommend the team at Trek Larapinta for their awesome work in putting together an experience that is both outstandingly memorable and thoroughly enjoyable. The daily trekking was wonderfully (and knowledgeably) guided (by Ann), while our spectacular food (prepared by Andrew) was positively gourmet! All equipment & provisions are of fantastic quality, ensuring that on those desert nights, we were comfortable and well rested for another terrific day of walking in the glorious sunshine. Our small group (7) felt like we'd had a privileged experience, that was a refreshing and healthy break from our busy lives. We certainly got to enjoy the best of what the West Macs have to offer with a well organised, professional and friendly team. Get on board peeps...you won't regret it!

3 Thank katiefoges
Hello Katie,
Thank you for such an awesome review! This is getting close to the bestest review ever for Trek Larapinta - loved your use of adjectives...'outstandingly memorable, glorious, refreshing, awesome, healthy, wonderfully, friendly'.
And to top it off the last line - 'Get on board peeps - you won't regret it!'
Gold for Australia Katie!
I hope we can host you on another of our treks sometime soon.
Brisbane, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Larapinta - excellent”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My favourite place. Wonderful billabongs and palms everywhere. spent entire day here and could have stayed longer.

Visited June 2014