This is a funny little hotel! The lay out is quite unusual, and this sets up my review! We checked after driving up from Uluru, so a long drive. The young lady that checked us in was very good at tapping away at the computer , but maybe needs to read the bit again about communicating with customers! "Here's your key, room 207, lift behind you!". Ok! Well could we find the lift? Back we come feeling like amateurs to ask again. "just there! Through the door!". Ah, through the door! Might have forgotten to tell us that bit! So we go through the door! A lift sign on the wall in the courtyard takes us right! Then left! And towards the garage! Really? Yup. There it is folks! Room was very nice if a little crowded. We travel as a couple and from what I could see, most of the rooms on our level were made up for a family of four. Clean and comfortable though and a really good shower which was a relief after Uluru! We wanted to eat in the Red Ochre restaurant attached to the hotel as it had been recommended and remembered seeing a sign for it as we got in the lift. So we went back and then had to walk through the hotel underground car park to access the restaurant! This is quite unusual! I have stayed in many hotels and can't remember that one before! Next day I went back to reception to ask about Internet and thank goodness for James because I think had we got Miss Few Words, we might have just left! Where do we have breakfast? Is there a pool? Any free Internet or do we have to pay, my ongoing gripe with Aussie hotels! James told me everything I should have been told at check in and more. He really couldn't have been more helpful and should have a management position and train some of the others maybe! Red Ochre is great by the way. Very reasonably priced and great staff that really make an effort. Would I stay there again? Only if James was around!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "The Award Winning Aurora Alice Springs" - Voted as THE BEST BASE TO TOUR THE REAL AUSTRALIA IN AUSTRALIA for both business and holiday travellers. Accommodation in the heart of the Todd Mall Alice Springs. This vibrant property is the only accommodation on the Todd Mall - the most centrally located accommodation in Alice Springs, Australia. The Todd Mall is the main shopping, dining and tourist precinct and offers a unique walking experience. Enjoy the Red Ochre Grill Cafe & Restaurant and savour the contemporary and native cuisine that it has to offer. The Red Ochre has one of the finest collections of Central Australian panoramic photography by Ken Duncan for you to admire. Aurora Alice Springs' location places you in a perfect position to explore both the town and surrounding Outback areas such as the spectacular MacDonnell Ranges, Standley Chasm and Simpson's Gap. You will always be welcome at our Alice Springs hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Aurora Alice Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aurora Alice Springs Hotel Alice Springs
- Aurora Hotel Alice Springs
- Alice Springs Aurora Hotel