We have stayed at the Aurora 3 times, the first in August of 2013, January 2014 and recently in June.
Twice a deluxe room and once in an Executive.
Big tip, don't spend the extra bucks on the Executive room, yes they are a little more modern and updated but the money is hardly worth it for just a balcony, that admittedly is cold in winter and blazingly hot in summer, the view is over the Todd River, but it's not running and hasn't for some time. The Executive was comfortable, but noisy, the bathroom window is kept open to get rid of steam and the hub bub in the early morning is annoying. The garbage bins are emptied early too and will wake you up unless you can sleep through an explosion comfortably. We had trouble with the aircon and were literally freezing as there was no adequate blankets provided in the room, it was attended to the next day, without much fuss.
Twice we have stayed in the Deluxe rooms which are quiet and towards the back, on the very first visit cant complain about anything. The time in June well the room we had was indeed looking very ordinary, it was clean but when hopping into bed we could literally watch the TV through the threadbare sheets and the pillows, I make pancakes thicker. It doesn't matter if I am paying $139 per night or $175, the bedding and pillows should be up to scratch, there is no excuse for that in any hotel, the bed after all is the most important part of paying for a room.
The staff from the front to the cleaners were pleasant, helpful and ready with a smile.
We will stay again as our first port of call after driving from the remote area we work in, its the most convenient Hotel to the Mall and the shops, if you don't have a vehicle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "The Award Winning Aurora Alice Springs" - Voted as THE BEST BASE TO TOUR THE REAL AUSTRALIA IN AUSTRALIA for both business and holiday travellers. Accommodation in the heart of the Todd Mall Alice Springs. This vibrant property is the only accommodation on the Todd Mall - the most centrally located accommodation in Alice Springs, Australia. The Todd Mall is the main shopping, dining and tourist precinct and offers a unique walking experience. Enjoy the Red Ochre Grill Cafe & Restaurant and savour the contemporary and native cuisine that it has to offer. The Red Ochre has one of the finest collections of Central Australian panoramic photography by Ken Duncan for you to admire. Aurora Alice Springs' location places you in a perfect position to explore both the town and surrounding Outback areas such as the spectacular MacDonnell Ranges, Standley Chasm and Simpson's Gap. You will always be welcome at our Alice Springs hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aurora Alice Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aurora Alice Springs Hotel Alice Springs
- Aurora Hotel Alice Springs
- Alice Springs Aurora Hotel