“Great value for 1-2 nights.”

Toddy's Backpackers
Toddy's Backpackers
Sydney, Australia
“Great value for 1-2 nights.”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I booked a single room for myself for the night before/after The Rock Tour and it was all I needed. Rooms, bed/linen, bathroom all clean. Included towels as well. The only issue I had was that the soap holder was broken (honestly, I couldn't care less) and there was no light in the bathroom, but the staff were quick to replace the bulb as soon as I asked.

That said, this is definitely the place to stay if you want to meet the people going on your tour the next morning as majority of them stay there. It was my first solo trip and I had a friend that night. I imagine you'd have more friends and meet more people if you were sharing a room.

The bar was pretty lively at night and the food/drinks pretty good.

All the staff were very friendly and helpful. I was advised that we would get free transfers to/from the airport but was then charged for the transfer back to the airport on the last day. It was pretty cheap so I wasn't worried, but just keep that in mind. It's only FROM the airport that's free.

If you're going on The Rock Tour, Josh was a great guide and I would highly recommend him.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2014

What makes this place is the people. They all are awesome, super nice and very helpful. We got a free airport shuttle and didn't even know it!
The wifi in the "reception" is great. They offer light snacks and water, the bar pizza is fantastic. The rooms...well. We stayed for 1 night as part of the package for our Rock Tour to Uluru. In back packing standards it's nice enough, but our room was loaded with cockroaches. Some rooms were, some weren't. Luck of the draw I suppose.
It's a bit of a hike into town if you need anything, but for 1 day it's probably good enough place to sleep

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed here for 1 night before "The Rock Tour" and 1 night after. I had a single private room which was essentially a hotel room with towels, a TV, and its own bathroom. The room was clean enough by backpackers standards. The free WiFi worked great in the reception area. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The Toddy's bar had drink specials and great pizza. This place is located about a 15 minute walk to city center which is a little far, but OK if you are going on "The Rock Tour" with them. They offer a free pick up from the airport, and $15 dollar return shuttle to the airport. Overall, my stay here was good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed here as part of a package deal for the Rock tour to Uluru.

The two (3 bunkbed) dorms we stayed for the two nights were both ok. You get your own bathroom for the room, there's a good-size kitchen, pool, bar with free beer if you buy a pizza, free wifi at reception/bar (although not great wifi) and you can store your bags for free.

It is a bit of a walk into town, but there is a shuttle bus you can use. Also be vigilant in the surrounding area at night.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarkManama
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I had the best time at Toddy's Backpackers. The rooms are nice, tidy and well equipped. if there is an issue or a problem you can always ask the staff. they are super friendly and help where they can. Also Toddy's has some awesome extras like the free shuttle bus into town and the airport shuttle. They really looked after me and I felt welcome during my stay.
This hostel has a large room to store your luggage which came in very handy ,because I could store my stuff there during my tour to the rock.
another good thing is the free breakfast, thats a luxury, especially when you are a backpacker.
And the Wifi is very fast in comparison to other hostels.
The pool area is awesome to relax in the afternoon and you get to know people pretty fast.
It seemed to me that the toddys team tries really hard to increase the service and they always seem to try to improve their hostel and make people feel comfortable!

keep it up, it was awesome, I will definitley come back one day =)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Saint-Geours-de-Maremne, France
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed here a few days in a semi-private room (your own bedroom but you share the kitchen and bathroom). The staff was great and the best part was the bar . There isn't much to see in Alice Springs so to have a bar just down stars is pretty good

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here a few nights after our Rock Tour and felt immediately welcome by all staff members. So helpful and friendly. When we were here there was alot of rain so they provided an hourly free shuttle bus to the town centre (which is normally a 15 min walk away) and back to the hostel. I can't fault the teams efforts to keep everyone happy, we had a problem with our room and they immediately apologised (even though it wasn't their fault) and changed us to a different room. No attitude was given just politeness.
They have a nice little bar which make really yummy pizzas and the reception sells snacks and drinks.
The wifi is free and is excellent, not slow at all.
Yes the place is far from the town, but this makes it a nice quiet hostel. My only issue was that the rooms could be cleaned better, with all the people coming back from the tour the floor does get dirty but doesn't seemed to be mopped that frequently. Would still stay here again however as the staff are the best people I have experienced in a hostel (especially the kiwi, he's awesome!)
Keep on improving Toddy's and soon you will be the best in the business!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple