“A few days at Alice Springs”

Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Alice Springs
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I spent four night with my husband in a premium room in October 2013. We requested a room on the third floor looking over the McDonnell Ranges, which seemed to offer more privacy. The room was modern, the bed comfortable, and overall a high standard. House keeping done a good job except the tea / coffee was not replenished each day. The pool area was lovely and we would see staff cleaning the area each morning. Breakfast was included in our booking, it included the usual for a full buffet breakfast and a good quality and plenty of variety. We have been a bit spoilt over the years of travelling and a chef making eggs to order or omelettes would be a nice inclusion. Parking is available directly behind the building, we did come out one morning to our car opened up, luckily nothing was in there to take and no damage to the vehicle. On notification we were advised security would keep an eye on the area and it did not happen again. The location is a bit out of town and walking out of a night is not recommended, a car is essential. We ate at two of the restaurants, the food was very good. You can join the casino club and then receive a 10% discount on food and drinks. We were a little disappointed that there was not really any entertainment apart from a singer on Friday afternoon and then a night club area Friday night. Overall our stay was very good and I would recommend Lasseters to anyone visiting Alice Springs. I would recommend anyone travelling to Alice Springs to do the Quad Bike tour to the cattle station.

Room Tip: Premium rooms on level three overlooking the ranges are more private.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
LassetersHotel, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

G’Day dlh3,

Thank you for your comments on your stay at Lasseters.

It sounds like you had a good time in Alice Springs.

Kate Ernest

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed over night recently on a business trip and enjoyed my stay. Always feel very welcome from the staff at the front desk to those who maintain the rooms they always serve with a smile on their face. The room was very comfortable and clean and the beds are large and comfortable. The new area restaurant area including the landscaping is fabulous and I can't wait till it opens. Although the food is very good I'm looking forward to a wider choice at the new restaurant. Even though a little far from town it caters for just about everything you would need for a short stay.

Room Tip: If you're a gym junkie or a fish get a room close to the pool!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
LassetersHotel, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Hello Robyn,

Great to hear your thoughts on Lasseters Hotel. Your comments were wonderful and I will share these with our staff members.

We hope to see you back soon, our restaurant opens on October 22nd so you will have to try it out!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Had a very relaxing time, unfortunatly we had problems with the air con being noisy also the safe was broken and couldnt be fixed. The shower was the over the bath type which wasnt a problem but could only shower a very short person. I coped but my 6 foot 3 husband did find it difficult!!! Cant wait to return when the new renovations are complete, i would stay again but in one of the new rooms overlooking the pool...Pool was my favorite, swimming every day ...Overall had a wonderful time in Alice ....Thanks Lasseters

Room Tip: Pool view new part of building...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi 545Lee,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at Lasseters. I was sorry to read there were a few issues with your room, I am glad Dennis was able to fix your air conditioning.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed here for one night for work. The ladies at the front desk were very helpful and allowed me to check in early. My room was very disappointing - it was in Block 1 (one of the old block's) on the ground floor. It had a double bed and a single bed - I didn't even know double bed's existed in hotel's anymore!

The phone didn't work so I had to use my mobile to call for room servicce. I though $15 for a self-saucing chocolate pudding (which wasn't very nice) was a bit much. The shower was terrible and the airconditioner didn't work well.

The room was clean and functional but it wasn't up to the standard I expected. Maybe the new part of the casino is nicer. I will be staying at the Doubletree next trip!

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the new section! Ask for an upstairs room if you can (takes away the chance of...

G’Day Tessa,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. Should you stay at Lasseters again please advise reception of any faults in your room so we are able to correct them. I am glad you found the staff helpful, I will pass on your comments.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

If I had known the hotel was having renovations I wouldn't have stayed there, the room at $140 a night was disappointing, at times only warm water for the shower! I was woken up two times in a stay of five nights by staff walking pass our room talking very loud, once at 5 in the morning the other time 6 in the morning. The over all stay at Lasseter's Hotel Casino was disappointing. The restaurant was over priced, a steak was $36, a hamburger was $26, there was no cheap café for lower cost meals.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark A

Hello Mark,

I was disappointed to read that your stay at Lasseters was not enjoyed. Thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed in one of the new Premium Suites on the weekend for my Hen's Night. The room was AMAZING! Clean and modern. The views of the pool & ranges are just beautiful.
It has 2 bedrooms, both have King size beds and large TV's. Also 2 bathrooms and each have a bath and shower. Downstairs is lounge room and another toilet. I highly recommend for any group of 4 friends OR 2 couples. A cozy environment I look forward to spending another night there in the future. Also a very pleasant staff member on reception Nicole. Very helpful and bubbly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Hi 121Tina,

Thank you for your review on our Premium Suite. We are so glad you had a great time. We wish you all the best for your wedding. Congratulations.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Noisy, my meal was lost and when I did finally get another after more than an hour the salad was wilted and old, the food was over cooked.I had to bend down in the low showers to wash my hair. The bed was comfortable though.

1  Thank Brigid R
LassetersHotel, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

G’Day Brigid,

I was sorry to read that your stay at Lasseters was not up to our normal standard.

Thank you for your comments.

Regards, Kate