“Beautiful property.”

Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Alice Springs
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed for 3 nights from Thursday the 17th until Sunday the 20th.
Our room was spacious and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable.
Housekeeping staff were very friendly and polite. We appreciated their service.
The pool and spa were lovely and we used them each day even though the weather wasn't necessarily hot. The only issue we had was with the height of the shower head, it was very uncomfortable for my boyfriend, who is only 5"7, to shower, it was very low.
Other than that we had a fantastic time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
LassetersHotel, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

G’Day Britt797,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. Thank you for providing your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we will take into consideration your comment about the shower head in that room.

We hope to welcome you back to Lasseters soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This property has fantastic rooms. They are large, comfortable beds, decent furniture, and a good shower. The property has a fantastic pool. With lap lanes, as well as a big pool, kids pool and spa. They supply pool towels.All of the pools are heated all year round. The breakfast was good. The location is fantastic. The service was excellent. You can stroll through the botanic gardens which is down the road and the kids can see kangaroos jumping around. We also stayed at the Big 4 in Alice Springs. The Big 4 has a higher rating than this property, We would never stay at the Big 4 again we would only recommend Lasseters in Alice. They are also going to be doing a mass renovation. But as it is now it is a great hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for ground level, where you can run straight out to the pool
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

G’Day Lindy,

Thank you for your review, great to hear you and the family had such a good time. I’m sure the kids made great use of the pool! We have since opened a pool cafe Splash to allow pool side treats and refreshments!

Looking foward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Have stayed here over and over on business and have watched it change. Premier rooms are great and breakfast (booked thru Booking.com) is good too. We will be back several times over the next month or so.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

G’Day Wicked00,

Thank you for your review and feedback. I am so glad you enjoy staying with us, we truly love welcoming back return guests!

Thanks again and see you soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed in room 5107 in which "Hail Storm Dreaming" by Dominic Jungala Gibbs hung on the wall above the king size bed. I appreciated being able to enjoy this wonderful piece art during my stay.
The room was clean and tidy. The bed and pillows gave a comfortable and supportive night sleep.
The air conditioning worked and the bedroom climate was comfortable. The bathroom was excellent. The breakfast which was included in my accommodation was very good as there was a selection of hot and cold foods, juices, tea and coffee.

Room Tip: Block 5 is at the rear of the hotel so following the hotel map allows you to move through the other...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Hi Megsroadtrip,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor. I agree that the artwork in our rooms is spectacular, I am glad you enjoyed Dominic’s piece. You can view the range of artwork on our website should you wish to choose a specific piece on a future stay.

Thanks again for your review and safe travels.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We recently stayed at Lasserters for 5 nights in a Premium room and the room was faultless. We had a view of the range behind us which I think is a better option than a pool view as you can get a pool view room anywhere. The room was very clean and comfortable however the pillows (although maybe good quality) were terrible for my liking, just a minor point and you cant please everyone so do not see this as a negative.

The location is good enough however I did not see any other resort style hotels closer to the centre of the city, but with what is offered on-site, we did not see a need to go into town at night to eat. The prices for food were very comparable to prices the prices in town.

We had a couple of issues which are really not worth pointing out but what is worth saying is how quickly the hotel responded. Things will always happen which are outside of peoples control, the response was exceptional.

One negative was the breakfast. The selection was "ok", definitely not the best I have had and we had better whilst in the Territory, however is was ok but probably not worth the money IMO as compared to other places I have stayed. This however is not my grip, my disappointment was the condition of the self serve areas which seemed not to be cleaned up. Most places I have stayed have someone regularly wiping down the area which is a small price to pay for a clean area. First impression upon walking into the self serve area was "should I really be eating here". Food scraps are lying around everywhere and to me, this should be cleaned up regularly throughout the service. Dont let this put you off booking here but please do not expect a clean breakfast area. Honestly, its an indictment on the management as this really needs to be taken care off. On another note, at times bottles and plates took a day or so to be collected from outside rooms. This normally does not bother me but it did raise an eyebrow when I saw the cleaners had been past but not collected the rubbish. This was not an isolated case. Once again, no big deal, we are on holidays and if you care about this stuff then you need to have a good look at yourself. I am only saying this so hopefully the hotel reads this and is a little more diligent in the future. Otherwise I cannot complain on how our room was made up everyday as it was perfect and the cleaners were so nice and polite which is a real bonus.

We ate at the Juicy Rump everynight and overall it was good. A couple of the meals where a little average however the Scotch Fillet Steak I ate one night was probably the best meal of the entire trip. Check out the specials nights as they are good value as they have 50% off steaks etc. (note the normal price for steaks which was around $38 is a little hefty all things considered IMO as they do not offer table service). Otherwise, the prices were reasonable.

The other grip is the casino rewards program. This program is FREE to join and you get 10% discount off all drinks and food. To sign up is a bit of a process where you need to show photo id and get your photo taken which is no big deal however what I simple do not understand, is how come someone off the street can join this program for FREE and get the discount, whereas I have paid around $1k to stay at the hotel and they do not allow me the same discount off food by default. They should allow all guests of the hotel to show their room keycard and be awarded the same 10% discount.

In summary, on my next trip to Alice I will not look anywhere else and will book the same hotel as all things considered, its a great place to stay with the casino providing some entertainment. The staff were very pleasant and helpful other than the few MINOR points I have raised, they hotel is perfect.

Room Tip: Joint up to the Casino Rewards program...its free and you get 10% discount off food and drinks.

Hi Hydro Seeker,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. You have provided us with some great feedback and detailed recommendations which we will consider implementing.

I am glad we will be your first choice when returning to Alice Springs, we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Disappointing
Service was very poor with bar staff attitude terrible. Their knowledge of white and red wine poor
Tables were in poor quality, rocking whilst trying to eat. Meal took far too long with one of the three meals coming out 15 mins before the the other 2
Fish was dry
Steak ok but was to be served with sweet potato fries but chips were served instead

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandy B
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel is kept clean. But it is overrated from what the website says it is. A lot of construction is going on which means it is noisy. Twice we experienced very poor customer service with bugs in food, pink chicken and gas burned toasted sandwiches. The managers did what they had to in addressing our concerns but not in a hospitable manner. We will not be staying here again.

3  Thank Anna R