“Room @ Staff fantastic”

Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Alice Springs
Reviewed 11 August 2010

We had a great week at lassetters Hotel.Our room was spacious modern with some nice aboriginal art on the walls We used lasseters as a base for our sightseeing. The friendly staff advised and booked our tours for us. We dined both in town and at Lasseters. The Juicy Rump restaurant was great value for money. Inside and outside dining. Enjoyed the casino which is modern and clean.{some luck} Taxi ride into town only a few dollars.
Found staff professional in a relaxed friendly manner. Thanks for a great time Grant & Maree

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grantstratford
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters

Reviewed 9 February 2010

I arrived at approximately midnight and upon arrival, I was greeted at reception with the regulatory form to sign and a notice advising that there would be no electricity between 3 am and 8 am. I was quite put back that no one had bothered to contact me and I asked why this was the case and to which I received the reply - they had and no one could get in touch with me. I have a blackberry that receives emails and a voicemail that handles calls 24 hours a day. If someone had bothered to call me, I would have understood the situation, but stayed elsewhere.This establishment did not attempt to call. I had no missed calls.
I put my bags into my room and headed to the casino, to which I was told was closed?
Second to this, I asked whether I was able to have a shower in the morning to which I was told "no". Although the shower worked in the morning, the fact I slept, knowing I couldn't have one was very unsettling and didn't assist with a good nights sleep. I also did wake up throughout the night to pitch black darkness.
When I asked for a wake up call, this was accepted, but had to be by knocking on my door. I was ok with this compromise, but it was 15 minutes late.
Finally, I checked out in the morning and had a can of diet coke from the mini bar. When I advised reception, I mentioned that we should call it square as I wasn't able to have a coffee due to no power to which the lady laughed and said $3.50. I paid.
I was very disappointed with my stay and believe that I have been mislead and lied to in order to maintain my booking.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Businesstraveller48
Reviewed 4 January 2010

We stayed at Lasseters after booking via the Tourist Information in Alice Springs.
They were able to get us an outstanding deal, that the hotel was later unable to match directly.

It was a shame that the Reception staff were quite abrupt on check-in. They seemed nice enough, perhaps they were busy, new or just needed a little training in customer service.

We enjoyed the rooms, they were basic but nice.
The pool was great, and my partner was entertained by the Casino.

Breakfasts were included and fine. We didn't find any of the attached resturants or cafes good for the vegetarian tastes (or, unaffected-by-ciggarette-smoke-tastes) and ended up visiting the Crown Plaza for dinner.

Car-parking was easy and free-of-charge.

I would recommend as a mid-level rather than luxurious hotel. It's probably the best in Alice.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cold_erin
Reviewed 5 December 2009

We had a very relaxed pleasant stay for 7 days at Lasseters Hotel & Casino. We were impressed with the friendly & helpful staff throughout the hotel. The restaurants & bar were of high quality also entertainment provided at Juicy Rump. Whilst we did not participate at the Casino, we were not influenced negatively by its presence. It would be nice though if there was a non- smoking policy at the Hotel, which I believe is coming to NT in 2010. I also understand there are going to be major upgrades to the Hotel in 2010.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2009

After a very disappointing night at Crowne Casino with old rooms and not much to do in the hotel, we decided to try Lasseters Hotel Casino which is only a few minute down the road.
I stayed in a deluxe room with my partner and there were 2 queen size beds in the room with extra room to move around. bathroom was also very spacious with a shower and a separate bath. good amenities. looks like the room had renovation done recently - new carpet, LCD TV, bed linen etc..the hotel itself had everything we needed we didn;t have to leave. outdoor swimming pool to relax, 3 different bars including one nightclub. 3 different restaurants with many different cuisines to choose from. staff are all very friendly, happy to go out of their way to assist. The casino was also fun - slot machines, table games and even texas hold'em !! the only downside was cigarrette smell in the lobby and inside the casino but i'm sure the law will change soon in NT. I'm not sure what other people's negative comments were all about - perhaps an isolated incident being exaggerated???
Anyway i would definately recommend this hotel to anyone anytime!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2009

Upon arrival, no help was offered with our bags. You can't take kid's into the cafe as it is inside the gaming area of the casino. The only option outside of strict meal times in their restaurant. To access the restaurant with kids, you must walk outside the hotel and through the carpark because - you guessed it - you can't take kids through the casino, and outside 12-2pm there are not kids menu options and prices are high. Too far to walk into town. I booked for 2 nights and whilst sitting by the (rather uninviting) pool on the first morning I received a phone call telling me we had to check out. (they had our booking details wrong). By this time I was so frustrated at not being able to feed my child I was happy to go elsewhere. Ten minutes later I received another call telling me to check out. Then after booking somewhere else and packing, a third call to say they had found our original reservation and we could stay after all! Needless to say we didn't. Went next door to Crowne Plaza for the week and it was wonderful

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank JaneJeffreys
Reviewed 17 October 2009

I have stayed at a number of properties in Alice Springs over they years and feel Lasseters is one of the best. I stayed in a Deluxe Room which was very big. It contained 2 queen size beds and plenty of room to spare. There is a good sized pool with small and a small casino. The choice of restaurants was sufficient for the 2 nights I was there. The I booked was great (approx $140.00 per night) and included breakfast. If you are travelling to Alice Springs I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business