“Safe bet. Nothing special.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Alice Springs
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Safe bet. Nothing special.”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

It is not in the middle of town, which is good in Alice, but around 25 minutes walk along the beautiful dry river bed, a good walk while listening to birds signing. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Problem with this hotel is that the rooms are a bit dated--but not shabby. They are enormous and everything works in them. Other issue here is that guests are given only 30 minutes free wifi per day. There is rather hefty charge for all day wifi. And there are two free computers for use by guests in the business centre, although they are timed and one can get cut off. Rather annoying when hotels do this. Mosts of them around the world these days offer free wifi. I had a comfortable stay. A large percentage of the hotel's energy consumption comes from solar energy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Harold B,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. I am pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and I do hope you enjoyed your stay. All the best to you in your travels and please come back and see us if you're ever back in the area.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
bendigo, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I really enjoyed the hotel and the staff were lovely, housekeeping staff in particular were always friendly and helpful. However, the bath/shower was quite hazardous. Even though there was a slip mat and rail I still slipped and banged my head and sustained bruising. My colleague in the room next door also slipped so maybe they need a warning sign or something to step on which lessens the level/height to climb into the bath/shower. Also one day the room didn't seem to have been cleaned. At the same time the breakfasts were tasty, public areas e.g. bar were good and I did really enjoy my stay and the surrounds were gorgeous.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Judy K,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I am sorry to hear you slipped in the shower. I appreciate your feedback about our bathrooms and as you stated, for safety reasons, we do have hand rails installed and non-slip bathmats which need to be placed in the shower before the water is running to ensure they suction to the flooring to provide a non-slip surface.
I am glad to hear you enjoyed dining at our hotel and we certain look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is a very clean and nice hotel. But it is not centrally located to town. The rooms are good size and comfortable and the staff is very helpful. I did not like that breakfast is served only until 10 and then there is no food service until dinner. This is especially disappointing given there are no other restaurants nearby. The hotel should have food service throughout the day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Munro1954,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am happy to hear that you were comfortable, well looked after, and found our staff to be friendly. Our hotel is only located a short distance of 2.1km from the town centre, which is a 20min walk or 5min drive.
Our Springs breakfast restaurant is open from 6:30am to 10am weekdays and 11am weekends and I am sorry this did not suit your needs. We do have room service available if you require to dine outside of these time frames or prefer to eat in your room.
There are two restaurants within the hotel, Hanuman's and The Deck Eatery and Bar Restaurant. Hanuman's is open for lunch between the hours of 12pm and 2:30pm for lunchtime dining and 6:30pm until late for dinner dining. The Deck Eatery and Bar Restaurant is open from 11am until late.
We believe there is adequate dining available through the day (from breakfast through to lunch and dinner and late night dining) to cater to most people's needs whilst they stay at our hotel and I apologise if the services available did not meet your needs.
We hope to see you see return to stay with us in the future should your travels bring you back to Alice Springs.

Murray Downs, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was booked in for a king with a view. The room was spectacular. It was my birthday and I was hoping to enjoy my stay. The aircon didn't work so I had no heat for myself and my daughter. We were moved to an average disabled room with no comfort. A little disappointed but I would still return as the staff were accommodating and this was the last room left.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Amanda P,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave a review. I am very sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with the room cooling and had to be relocated to another room that you found to be less than comforting. I'm glad our staff were friendly and helpful and I do hope you enjoyed your birthday. We would love to welcome you back to the DoubleTree in the future and to create a rewarding experience for you.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Only stayed the one night, en route to Darwin. Rooms and linen, very clean, also quiet. I guess the rooms themselves could do with updating. Staff extremely helpful and handy gym available, breakfast good. Not bad value in the scheme of things.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Heather H,

Thanks for posting this review. I'm glad you had a nice stay and found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Crewkerne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Reception area is clean and abnormally large. Our room was in an annexe and a reasonable trudge with our cases past the pool. The room itself was clean but quite tired and in need of refurbishment. Breakfast was busy but okay.
The hotel is a fair distance from anything

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear MyOpinion22014,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. I hope that you enjoyed your stay. All the best to you in your travels and please come back and see us if you're ever back in the area.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My wife and I stayed in the Hilton at Alice Springs for two nights in June. The rooms are starting to show their age but they are very clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was excellent (interesting Asian menu well cooked and presented). Although the hotel is a little away front the CBD that may be a blessing as it is in a quiet area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear 1KB56,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm glad you found the DoubleTree by Hilton to be comfortable, clean and staff very friendly. You are right, we are in a nice quiet part of Alice Springs, only 2.1 km from the town centre, a quick 5 minute drive or 20 minute walk.

I think you may be referring to the Hanuman's restaurant with the 'interesting Asian menu'. The restaurant is separate from of our hotel and they have their own TripAdvisor page that you can leave feedback on here: http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g255063-d725492-Reviews-Hanuman_Alice_Springs-Alice_Springs_Red_Centre_Northern_Territory.html

I'm glad you enjoyed your time here and I hope we can welcome you back in the future.