“good visit”

GreenLeadersGold level
Salem, Oregon
“good visit”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed here two different nights on our Australian tour . The roooms were comfortable and the staff was most helpful. The breakfast was delicious with an extensive menu and great coffee.
We would highly recommend the Double Tree.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tomverna53
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear tomverna53,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for such lovely comments. I'm glad to hear you had a comfortable stay and you found our staff to be friendly and accommodating. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Northern Territtory
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Well I stay here every month for work and every time I come the rooms get worse. The cleanliness is terrible, the hand print on the wall next to shower, the massive crack in the wall which you could put your hand in which is one metre long. The hairs on the roof in the shower! Room 224, really needs retiring!! The cold coffee which comes on the breakfast tray but at least the toast was hot. The fridge space hasn't been wiped over since it first instalment. The stained carpet in the rooms. Come on this is suppose to be a Hilton hotel not a bloody backpackers hotel. Time for a Reno Hilton !!!disappointed will definitely stay else where along with my work mates!! I am complaining because basic cleanliness should be compromised!!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank 09carly09
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear 09carly09,

I appreciate you taking the time to post feedback regarding your stay with us on 21st July. Please be assured that your feedback has been taken seriously.

We pride ourselves on maintaining a clean and comfortable home away from home and it is extremely disappointing to read that we fell short on this occasion.

As part of our cleaning and maintenance programme at the hotel we conduct regular deep clean and maintenance routines separate from our daily room servicing activities. The points you have raised in your feedback are simply unacceptable. Having said this, I was unable to locate the mentioned stain on the carpet and can assure you that carpets are regularly professionally cleaned.

Please be assured that I have been addressed today with both my Executive Housekeeper as well as the room attendant that serviced your room. While I am disappointed that you needed to provide this feedback at all, feedback such as yours assists with our ongoing training and development of our cleaning team.

The crack in the paint that you have noted behind the curtain appears to have been caused by a guttering issue which appears to have let rain run down the wall during recent rains. This will be immediately repaired on Monday and I thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I have tried to contact you this morning on the telephone number provided on your booking to no success. I would like to personally introduce myself on your next visit to Alice Springs so that I can make this right for you.

I note that you have recently joined our Hilton Hhonors loyalty programme as a regular guest and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back next month. Please do not hesitate to contact myself directly to discuss further.

Again, thank you for your feedback and please be assured that this has been taken extremely seriously.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Out of the main town centre. Stay here if you have a car. It's a good hotel with great service and rooms. Good value for money and good food at the in house restaurants. It's very Australian outback but with a modern up to date feel.

• Stayed July 2014
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear fe27travel,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm glad to here you enjoyed your stay.

Emerald, Australia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

A great couple of days for our family (son and daughter) and their partners to relax, unwind and enjoy a bit of luxury after spending a week and a half camping and roughing it in a camping trailer and tents in the cold. The service from the staff we met was excellent. They were very friendly and helpful. We would recommend to our friends

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sue W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such lovely comments. I'm glad to hear you and your family had an excellent experience. We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Doubletree by Hilton in Alice Springs is a very clean and welcoming hotel, featuring the facilities required by modern travellers. It is only a few minutes walk from the casino for those interested in such a facility. The area is safe and the Alice Springs Golf Club is right next door. It is a good place for a drink and the food is reasonably priced and most acceptable indeed. I would definitely stay at the Doubletree if in Alice Springs again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Dear timcU2330DO,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Thank you for your comments and we do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Bit out of the way. 20 minute walk into Alice Springs. No local buses and taxis not always on time. We used local private hire car. Hotel rooms not as good as the usual standard of Hilton - getting a little tired especially the bathroom.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear G W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. You are correct, our hotel is a comfortable 20min walk (2.1 kms) into the town centre. There is a local bus service and local taxis service available in Alice Springs, but these services are external and beyond our control. Car Hire is always a great option as it allows you to explore as far as you desire. Our hotel is constantly undergoing improvements and renovations. I hope you had a pleasant stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Have been staying at this hotel frequently for the last 6 months for business. Overall the hotel is clean, the staff friendly and very efficient.
My only gripe is the excessive charges for internet use, the expensive drink prices and lack of food choices in the front hotel bar.
When booking my other employees, I frequently book a competitor just up the road because of these two issues, as paying for a internet service that is painfully slow, I would prefer to utilise the free painfully slow service the competitor offers.

Will I stay here again - Yes - when my company expects me too - but if provided a choice - I frequently choose a nearby competitor solely because of value for money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear BedBeernaShower,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm glad to hear you find our hotel clean and our staff friendly and efficient. We do have 24 hour free Wifi internet access in the lobby and we also have a Business Centre with 24/7 free internet available using our supplied computers. Our Deck Eatery and Bar Restaurant does have a full a la carte menu and our prices are competitive with many others in Alice Springs. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.