“Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Alice Springs
GreenLeadersGold level
“Wonderful Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We are family of three and booked our room through expedia, when we arrived at the hotel we saw a big line of people waiting to check in. Our daughter went out in the driveway to take picture of a lovely peacock. The gentleman(Pashant)behind the counter greeted us with cookies, he asked us how many of us were there travelling, when I told him it was three of us he quickly changed the room from one bed to two bed. He even called the room later on to check if we were happy with the room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Dre D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you got a chance to see our lovely resident peacock, he likes to put on a show for our guests. I hope you got some great photos. I'm sorry to hear there was a wait for you to get checked in, and apologise for any inconvenience. We have had quite a busy period with a lot of tours groups. Thank you also for your lovely comments and feedback about our Duty Manager Prashant, I'm glad to hear he was attentive to your needs during your stay. We certainly look forward to being able to welcome you back in the future.

Clinton Farley,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We has a great stay at Alice Springs Double Tree, it was a fantastic stay with comfortable beds and luscious pillows. Good service and clean . The rooms had all that was required for us ie ironing board and safe. The staff during our stay were friendly and polite and good to talk to if you needed something. The pool was clean and great to sit around at this time of year ( except for the resident duck)... It was quiet and restful m which we needed. I certainly would stay there again. Very comfortable. I unfortunately left my I pad and the staff were fantastic at retrieving it and said they would send it to me . I am really grateful that they assisted me this way. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone. It is close to the Botanical gardens and we walked into town everyday.

Room Tip: Depends if you want a hill view or garden view , in the courtyard facing the pool was pretty good.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Grand2809,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to know you had a relaxing stay and felt comfortable and well looked after by our staff. The resident duck you speak of is actually a checky neighbour from the golf course who thought it would be nice to come in for a swim. He has since been relocated. Our staff will have your iPad sent out to you asap. We look forward to being able to welcome you back in the future.

Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We spent four nights here. A beautiful hotel. You are welcomed by friendly staff, a hot chocolate cookie each and a beautiful room. Everything was really nice. Easy to find, close to town. A fabulous Thai restaurant is on site. Thoroughly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies and baths. Ours had a nice view of the golf course. Room 301.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kandles,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be comfortable and our staff friendly. We look forward to being able to welcome you back in the future.

Hoi An, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I hate having to stay anywhere else when we go into Alice, we live 400kms from town and at the end of the drive it is so welcoming to arrive 'home'. The staff are nothing short of helpful and always wear a smile, nothing is too much trouble, last weekend when I stayed I didn't even realise that the air conditioner wasn't working properly and received a call from the front desk advising me of the problem and that they would be up to move me to another room. Having been a regular at this hotel for the last 4 years, previously known as Crowne, I can say that it has been undergoing a spruce up in this time.
The location of this hotel is great, far enough from town but close enough as well. The quietness, safety and helpfulness of the staff is just so pleasing.
My only down is that I feel the breakfast prices are a little high, and yes the coffee you order is not always hot but all you need to do is return and let them know and they are only too happy to remake it for you hotter.
We have never had a problem at this hotel as with all things you only need to let staff know of a problem and they are more than happy to fix it!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Hedeababe,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I really appreciate your comments and I'm so glad to hear that our staff are always helpful, friendly able to make it right for you. We certainly look forward to being able to welcome you back again in the near future.

remote Blackstone, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

ALL EXCELLENT Thai restaurant on site was fabulous. food was weell presented and beautifully prepared. only problem was we paid for a room with a view but didn't get one however told reception on our retun 2 days later and they gave us a great room with a view, at no cost. Also on arrival a porter named ''Zack'' assisted us on arrival,and bwas extremely helpful and friendly..

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Norma M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the Hanuman's restaurant. They are separate from our hotel and they have their own TripAdvisor page, where can leave feedback: http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g255063-d725492-Reviews-Hanuman_Alice_Springs-Alice_Springs_Red_Centre_Northern_Territory.html
I'm glad to hear our staff were friendly and helpful and you had a view of the magnificent McDonnell Rnages.

South West Rocks, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

After 2 weeks on the road in a campervan with freezing nights and very frosty mornings, it was delightful to slip between clean white sheets, turn on the air con and enjoy a long hot shower without having to rug up before trekking across the park to get there.

Room Tip: Choose a surprise package from a booking website. Look where you can end up. Suite overlooking the p...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JenniferP526
Dear JenniferP526,

Thank you for leaving a review. I'm glad to hear you felt comfortable and well looked after during your stay after your 2 weeks on the road in a camper-van. I do hope you enjoyed your adventure and we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I have been accommodating at this property for many years for business travel, since it was a Sheraton. While the property for many years appeared to have little investment, over the past year there has been noticeable improvements made throughout the hotel which is great to see since DoubleTree has arrived. On my recent stay, I was impressed to be put on the new Hilton floor as a Hilton Hhonors member. While the only change at this stage is a great looking new corridor and signage, I believe they are about to start on the rooms in this area. The Deck restaurant at the front of the hotel, another new upgrade since my last visit was a hive of activity. I almost couldn't get a table, alas the lovely American waitress managed to bring a table in from outside. They have a great offer running, if you dine between 5-7pm you receive a complimentary glass of wine when dining alone, like myself or a bottle if dining as two. The staff are always very friendly and I love the cookie on arrival, it sets them apart from the rest!

Stayed July 2014
Dear corp_adelaide,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and it is always a pleasure to welcome back our business travelers on their return visits. You are correct, we have been making steady improvements around the hotel in the past year since becoming a DoubleTree and we are planning more for the future. I'm glad to hear that our staff at The Deck Eatery and Bar Restaurant were accommodating and you enjoyed the vibrant nature. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.