“Okay rooms.. but a fantastic restaurant”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Alice Springs
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The best - Chocolate cookies on arrival, dining at Hanuman Restaurant, excellent breakfast service.
The good - it's in a quiet part of town, but is still within walking distance of city centre.
The bad - rooms are a bit dated, toilet had a minor flushing problem, and there was no concierge (to provide info on 'what's on' and 'places to visit'). Reception staff were happy to order a taxi for me to go to the Cultural Precinct even though it wasn't open that day (I found this out after I was dropped off at the venue!
The very worst - paying EXTRA for Internet use in your room. It is cheeky to make that an additional cost. Of course, travellers want to send emails and make further travel plans etc..

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Sue S,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I appreciate you comments and will follow up with my team. I do hope you had an enjoyable stay and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,590)

Reviewed 20 August 2014

All the staff were really helpful and friendly, the grounds are beautiful and the cookies are such a nice touch. The meals were nice, having the Hanuman in the hotel is a bonus and it's not too far to walk into the city centre. Andrew the resident peacock is beautiful. My only gripe is that there's no free internet in the rooms, you can only access it free from the lobby.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Toni C,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We certainly look forward to being able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

...although this doesn't mean it's a very good hotel. It's a big, very big and you might end up very far from the lobby/breakfast. The lobby employees recommended us NOT to walk to/from town after dark. Reasonably clean but needs some serious renovations in rooms and shared spaces. Very good service

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear CeltiberoBarcelona,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I appreciate your feedback. Our reception staff do recommend that for safety reasons our guests travel by taxi at night to town. Our hotel is located 2.1km from the town centre and it can be a little dark walking along the river at night. I'm glad you enjoyed the friendly service of our staff. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I was very happy with our stay. We only stayed one night but couldn't fault a thing. We traveled with our 9mth old son and asked for a porta cot upon arrival. The super friendly staff said sure and that they would send someone up shortly.with one. By the time we got to the room there was already someone in there sitting the cot up for us. The bed are comfy and there was an assortment of pillows to pick from. We had dinner downstairs at the "thai" restaurant... I'd more call it the ethnic restaurant as it serves all types of cuisine. I recommend booking to eat here as it was super busy and we waited some time for a table (our fault we should have booked as there were 8 of us dinning) the deck bar and restaurant is also nice. Overall great please to stay I would recommend to friends and family.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Katski87,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm glad to hear you had a comfortable stay and you enjoyed the dining experiences of Deck Eatery & Bar Restaurant and the onsite Hanuman's restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed a couple of nights a few weeks back. I expected better for the money, especially after having stayed in numerous other Hotels in Alice.

The Northern Territory Flag being flown upside down (see uploaded photo) was also embarrassing for a tourism business.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Dan G

Dear Dan G,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your comments. My sincere apologies that our flag was flown upside down. I will be sure to follow the issue up with our Front Office team.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I had to leave a note to request the empty tissue holder in bathroom to be replenished after I waited a couple of days for them to do it. One day, while at work I returned in the evening to find my room door open(latch between door & door-jam)! Presumably left this way by housekeeping in the morning. No instructions for heating operation - freezing at night. Otherwise nice place, just let down by some of the staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank EchoGuru
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear EchoGuru,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I really appreciate your feedback and I apologise that you had a disheartening experience during your stay. I will be sure to follow up with both housekeeping, regarding the replenishment and of your amenities and the door left open, as well as our maintenance team in regards to the heating in your room. I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again and have the opportunity to make it right for you.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I'd expect more value for money. Staff and service is great, facilities are outdated and need updating. As a solo traveller I primarily wanted a place to sleep and relax after visiting the sights during the day and found the room facilities a little bland and old.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Retts11
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Retts11,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a reference. I appreciate your comments and I'm glad to hear you found our team to be helpful, friendly and offer great service.

Regards,