“So, so, so bad” 1 of 5 bubbles

The Oriental Gourmet
Ranked #46 of 94 Restaurants in Alice Springs
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Melbourne, Australia
“So, so, so bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We ate here at the recommendation of a local and deeply regretted it. The clueless staff had trouble answering simple questions, such as "What is inside the friend wontons?". The food was so incredibly nasty that my friend ate nothing but rice and I picked out the vegetables. Neither one of use could stomach the weird, slimy chicken in our dishes. I wish I hadn't even eaten the veggies as I was sick as soon as I returned to our hotel.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank GaoAnTian

• Chinese (Traditional) first
taipei
“best chinese food restaurant in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

you should try to dine there with frineds at least 4 people,
you can share foods you order!

Visited July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Alice's best chinese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

As a former long term resident and now interstate resident for more than 20 yrs, I used to dine when I lived in alice and now always dine when I go back. The staff are lovely, attentive and the food fresh and delicious! Lots of options and Jasmine tea when I asked was brought out! I will be back again!

Visited June 2014
Narangba, Qld
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Really enjoyed the meal and the staff went out of their way to assist. Prices very reasonable and well prepared and presented.

Visited May 2014
Lakes Entrance, Australia
“Food was great but the after affects were awful”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

The food was delicious and the service was friendly but not very efficient. Only problem was that both my husband and I suffered from dreadful indigestion and reflux for most of the night and had a shocking night's sleep as a result. Take your Mylanta!

Visited May 2014