Red Ochre Grill Restaurant Alice Springs
Ranked #16 of 94 Restaurants in Alice Springs
Price range: US$8 - US$38
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Red Ochre Grill Restaurant Alice Springs is fully licensed with innovative & exciting dishes specialises in Australian seafood, Australian game meat, bush food and regional Australian cuisine. Dine in the vine covered courtyard or inside in air-conditioned comfort.The restaurant is tastefully decorated in the colours of the outback, featuring a gallery of world-class panoramic photos of Central Australia taken by Ken Duncan.The Red Ochre Grill Restaurant is situated in the heart of the Todd Mall is open 7 days 6.30am - 9pm for breakfast, lunch, dinner or for just a great cup of coffee. EARLY BIRD DINNER OFFER : 20% off your food dinner bill when dining in the Red Ochre Grill Courtyard. Must contact restaurant before 6pm. Courtyard reservations 6 to 6.45pm and order placed before 7pm. Not available on spilt bills, Sundays or Public Holidays. This discount may not be used in conjunction with any other offer. Closed Christmas Day.
Brisbane, Australia
“Sue J”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

This restaurant is a bit hit and miss. I chose the kangaroo which was perfect. My friend had the Barramundi, which was a thick fillet and very dry and overcooked, The next evening I had pork belly with a cold poached pear. This would have been much better warm, My friend had corned beef which she enjoyed, Service could be improved as a drink order was not filled and when asked for it I found 2 glasses on the account, They reduced the bill without any argument though, Wait staff friendly.

Gladstone, Australia
“Dinning pleasure.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Food was excellent. Staff excellent and very friendly. Our waiter for dinner on the first night was very helpful and friendly, kept us laughing and smiling. Great job.

Visited May 2014
Alice Springs, Australia
“sometimes great other times bad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have dined many times at this restaurant due to work. The services is usually the best part of the dining experience the food is ok but sometimes strange. Tonight for instance port belly with whole poach pear the pear is served cold???. I check with the chef if this was correct and the answer was yes. I know I have had this dish before and it was not cold.

The service tonight made faulty towers look good. I asked for water three times before getting water. We had side plates but no bread was served. All the setting were never removed.

Even though I express my displeasure nothing was said or done to reverse the situation.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Wagga Wagga, Australia
“Surprisingly tasty seafood marinara!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I am always a bit unsure when ordering a seafood dish no where near the ocean but this was fantastic. Good wine selection, fast service (which did not compromise the meal at all,) and lovely atmosphere outside even though I was dining alone. Great value for money-my bowl was huge!Bookings required.

Darwin, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Saturday night dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

My partner and I dined at the Red Ochre for a quick dinner before heading to the movies.
We did not have a reservation and were promptly welcomed and seated. The service was amazing! There were three wait staff who were incredibly attentive, ensuring that we ordered quickly and that our drinks and then our meals were delivered as soon as they were ready.
The courses came out super quick, and once we were finished the plates were cleared and offers of the next course came. My marinara fettucine was delicous. My partner had the beer battered fish, and he ate it pretty quickly, so I am guessing he enjoyed that too!
To finish the meal we had a liqueur coffee that was just the thing to finish the meal!
Highly recommend the Red Ochre for those visiting, or who live in Alice Springs.