“Best soup I've ever had”

Arnguli Grill & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Yulara
Price range: US$24 - US$63
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Arnguli is the local Indigenous name for the bush plum. The plum flourishes even in the driest areas. Its importance in desert life is immortalised in dreaming stories and artwork.A gem of Australia’s rugged heart, the bush plum is a fitting name for a restaurant that celebrates its stunning surroundings. Executive Chef Kellie Quazi selects and transforms the finest produce from around Australia into a modern culinary experience. Quality products from every corner of the country are enlivened by local Indigenous flora, spices, grains and seeds
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We were served by Tahlia, she was excellent!! I ordered the soup and some side dishes and I have to say soup is ruined for me form now on, it was SO good I wished I could have eaten that every meal :) My friend ate the chicken and was equally impressed.

Great service, great meal!!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Very rude to be told that we couldn't dine in the restaurant if we did not have closed toe shoes only to walk by and see a couple, both with flip-flops on dining there. Went into make further inquiry to be told that they walked over from the high end accommodation without being told of the rule so they didn't want to make them walk back. Worst reason ever! We were on our way to view Ayres Rock & they did not offer that we could come back to dine. Ended up in the loud option with a very inexperienced waiter. Happy to be there only one night as there is just no excuse to be treated like this.

1  Thank Shari M
Peter W, General Manager at Arnguli Grill & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Hi Shari M.

Thank you for your feedback and please accept my apologies for not being able to dine with us at Arnguli Grill.
You are quite right , you should have been welcomed in to the restaurant.

We have adjusted our footwear regulations in order to encourage all guests the opportunity to enjoy their night in Arnguli , so that this situation does not re occur.

I hope we can one day have the chance to welcome you back to Ayers Rock Resort.
Please contact me directly should you like any further information :
peter.white@voyages.com.au

Kind Regards

Peter White
Desert Gardens Hotel

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We had a lovely time here, with fantastic service(maybe even a little too attentive) and a nice range of menu options. My daughter and I weren't sure what to choose for a main because it is steak-heavy, but when we chose a starter it was a decent size. The desserts and cheese platter though could have easily been our main; my daughter and I didn't even finish ours despite the wonderful tastes!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Pricey, but delicious food and fantastic service! Very impressed and recommend if you are staying at Voyages resort.

1  Thank nae82
Reviewed 28 November 2013

After being rained out from Sounds of Silence we visited this unassuming setting in the pouring rain. The menu looked impressive and had lots of options that made it difficult to make a choice. I had a tasting plate and my husband had dusted calamari. Both were excellent and had been preceded by a lovely taster of fish cakes. We both had the duo of lamb and we were not at all disappointed.
It was so good that latter in the week when we again had booked to go to Silence and were rained out we returned. The serves are large so we did not get to try desert. This is a top class place in a remote setting. Worthy of a visit.

1  Thank madonnajones