Emu Walk Apartments
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
1,123 results
All reviewsbedroom apartmentwashing machine and dryerthe sofa bedfull kitchentown squarestove topsplit levelgreat apartmentmain bedroomwell equipped kitchendining tableself caterliving areaayers rockair conown mealsthree levels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed for a night with friends. Foyer very good, high standard. The beds were comfortable and the apartment was a good size with a nice TV and well laid out. Parking was good too.

It cost $495 per night, but actually cost $505. List of things wrong. Tired, worn out, chipped paint. Sleeps 6 I believe (there were 4 of us) but toilet is in the bathroom and there are no mirrors anywhere except in the bathroom. I forgot my shower cap, but the shower cap box was empty, insufficient face washers for 4 people (only two in the room), insufficient complimentary toiletries - if you are going to supply them then supply for the number of people staying. Inadequate equipment in the kitchen, not even an egg flip. Frying pan totally worn out. Over the one mirror that we all wanted to share to get ready for dinner, after waiting for all showers to be done and toilet used, light bulb was blown!!!

I think given that Uluru is a unique world destination this is so disappointing. The fact that one company has a monopoly of the accommodation and dining shows in the lacklustre way this is presented. I feel embarrassed that international visitors may only see this and judge Australia on this experience when it should be done so so much better. A little bit of competition would do wonders for this area.

Checking out I was virtually reprimanded by the staff member. I have stayed in apartments around the world, and mostly get told to leave the keys in the apartment when you leave as people often leave at odd times of the day or night. So we did this, but given that there was a reception I went and told her we were leaving and that the keys were in the room. The receptionist picked up a set of keys jangled them in the air and said "no we need the keys", I said I wasn't told on checkin to return the keys to the desk, so there was a tense silence for a few seconds, what could I do? The room was now locked with the keys inside. Then said, "Oh don't worry, I will send someone to get them" and then added "even though we are quite busy". So I left with a feeling of discomfort. She should have said, "That's no problem, thank you for letting me know" and then complained about inconsiderate visitors later and out of hearing of those visitors like most people do.

In summary, it was fine, but for the quality should not cost as much, it was way too expensive for what we got, needs some competition. Bad for Australia.

On the plus side we had a beautiful meal in the restaurant with fantastic service. That was a lovely experience.

I would advise you to stay elsewhere, but actually you can't because there is nowhere else if you want to stay in this area as they are all owned by the same company I believe.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Susan B
Peter W, General Manager at Emu Walk Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Hi Susan B

Thank you for your feedback.

Great to hear you enjoyed your unit and dining experience at Arnguli Grill.
Apologies for missing some linen and kitchen items , I am sure we would have been able to promptly assist you to ensure you had everything you needed.

I am sure you will understand that the reason we run a successful resort here in central Australia is because we are owned and operated by one company , Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia.
This creates a unique opportunity for us to not only build a resort experience but also to support Indigenous training and employment across Australia.

Kind Regards

Peter White
Emu Walk Australia

Reviewed 6 August 2014

These apartments, though not the most modern, have everything you would want for a comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable holiday in the Red Centre. Your one bedroom apartment has a well equipped kitchen with stove, fridge and microwave. There is plenty of cupboard space, crockery etc. It has a lounge and dining room and a large bedroom with ensuite. The Resort has restaurants and a bar. Friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere make this a great place to visit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Bed linen, blankets were FILTHY. We exchanged them immediately for clean blankets. The room is serviced and cleaned before new guests arrive, but the staff did not bother to remove the dirty blankets.

The restaurant was a 20 minute walk from our apartment. Our accommodation was confirmed 6 months earlier, but we were still allocated a room as far away as possible.

This resort is in need of a lot of renovation. Rooms are tired and tacky.

Room Tip: You get what the hotel gives you. There is no choice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jimmy P
Peter W, General Manager at Emu Walk Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hi Jimmy P

Thank you for your feedback.
I am sorry to hear that your blanket was not up to standard and glad that we were able to quickly replace this for you.

We have many dining options here at Ayers Rock Resort and all are conveniently located near our free shuttle bus drop off points.
We are always happy to grant all room requests which we are advised of.

Our Emu Walk Apartment refurbishment program will begin in October when we are looking forward to updating all rooms.

Kind Regards

Peter White
Emu Walk Apartments

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great apartments for family stay. Spacious and had everything we need. We were located at the end near the town centre and shops - very convenient. Totally enjoyed our stay here, would certainly return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MichelleS_NSW
Reviewed 22 July 2014

These are full size apartments with kitchen, and basic furnishings spread over two floors. If you go in winter it's not very easy to heat. Cannot give an opinion for AC in summer which I'm sure is much more important.

Cleanliness is rather iffy; the daily service includes only the making of beds, trash was removed from the kitchen but not from the bathroom. Towels replaced. Otherwise everything else untouched.

At $350 a night it is incredibly overpriced, but I suppose that is the result of a monopoly in the middle of nowhere. Take advantage of the supermarket in the "town centre" to keep costs down a bit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family