Sure it's overpriced, but you really need to stay at the Resort to see Uluru and the Olgas properly, so get over the price and consider staying here.
Our family of 4 rented a full 4-bunk room with its own bathroom and shower, and it was fine and comfortable. Food options for dinner were a bit limited (partly because of time of year), but again were fine if you adjust your expectations, and you can go to another hotel at the resort if you want something fancier.
I recommend booking and paying far in advance, so when you arrive, you will have forgotten how much you paid to sleep in a bunkbed and can just enjoy your time at Uluru, which was definitely worth the trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for traditional Aussie hospitality? You'll find it at the Voyages Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge - with your choice of 3 1/2 star hotel or 2 star lodge accommodation, from comfortable, affordable hotel rooms and budget rooms to dormitories. This hotel is perfect for the demands of travellers looking for quality service in relaxed surrounds. This is a place where friendships are made and good times are had by all. Taste Australia's pioneering past, as you enjoy a beer and some outback delights at the do-it-yourself Outback BBQ, and swap stories of your day's adventures. Alternatively, opt for the peace and quiet of the Bough House Restaurant. The Voyages Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge is ideal for those who want to enjoy all that Ayers Rock (Uluru) has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge, Ayers Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outback Pioneer Hotel, Ayers Rock Hotel Yulara
- Hotel Outback Pioneer
- Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge, Ayers Rock Resort Australia/Yulara