“Tali Wiru dinner inside due to rain”
Review of Mayu A-La-Carte - CLOSED

Mayu A-La-Carte
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We had booked a Tali Wiru experience for dinner on the night of our 30th wedding anniversary. Unfortunately due to the rain the Tali Wiru dinner experience was cancelled but they offered us the same special dinner inside Mayu. The 5 course meal was superb with wines to match each course all highlighting Australian foods and wines. We had our own special waiter for the evening who was entertaining and obliging. There was a didgeridoo playing for the first part of dinner. After finishing our rather huge dinner all the waiters came out with another plate of chocolates and deserts with a Happy 30th Anniversary written on it and wished us all the best. I can't imagine a better night anywhere - esp as I had only mentioned this to our waiter once at the beginning of dinner. So thank you all for making it a memorable night. We will come back and try again to have the dinner under the stars.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

But don't let that put you off. We very much enjoyed our dinner here. Food was superb, service was 1st Class. Worth the extra expense!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I went here on the recommendation of a friend and the whole dining experience exceeded my already high expectations.

Tucked away in a more intimate area of sails in the desert, I cannot fault anything from this experience. Being in a smaller area allows for the staff to be very attentive. The waitresses and chef were very knowledgeable and extremely friendly.

The food was amazing. I had three courses and all were absolutely mouth watering. This is quite possibly the best steak I have ever had! The presentation was appealing and for the high quality of food, it represents great value for money.

I have tried all the restaurants in Yulara and this is by far my favourite.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Mayu restaurant is the perfect place to relax after a day of excitement around Uluru. Great staff (well done Yasmin) and stunning food with a great wine list. Kangaroo ragu with gnochi was followed by local lamb brilliantly cooked. The selection of starters - scallops seemed very popular - was matched by the main courses and the generous but tasty sides. The wine list had a range which would have suited all types of traveller - and with the Grange at 300$ plus - tested a few. Very comfortable surroundings away from the bustle of the hotel provides a perfect oasis.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

The quality of the food in this restaurant was of the highest order. Probably the best steak I have ever had! The staff were enthusiastic and provided great service to round off this fantastic dining experience.