This trip was amazing - please, please don't worry about some of the negative reviews! All the hotels are in one big complex, and the hotels and restaurants cater to a wide range of travellers. We stayed in the Lost Camel part of the Resort. The rooms are cool, clean and spacious. A hotel room for this price in Perth, Melbourne or Sydney is not this nice. The resort is quite spread out and we were lucky enough to be near the pool - request this. There are pools for each hotel and you can go to any restaurants. The roads are quite twisty, but you can walk from Sails through Lost Camel to Desert Sands in under 10 minutes by cutting through the grounds. There are also regular shuttles. Coming from Sydney, we were pleasantly surprised by the exceptional quality of the food, particularly in the "middle range" restaurants - dinner at the desert sands restaurant was really wonderful, 5 stars. Compared to Sydney, food was cheap, which is quite a feat considering how far produce comes. All was fresh and really top quality. Alcohol was what you'd expect to pay in a cafe in Sydney. There is a neat little grocery store at the resort. The staff were friendly and helpful and delat with with a huge range of international travellers. We went on the dawn camel ride, which was really fun, the silence under the stars dinner (a must, but grasshoppers jumping everywhere!) and a walk around the rock. I would recommend this to everyone, and I don't understand why there are so many bad reviews of this place. The only thing I can think of is that people expect it to cost the same as staying in a coastal town, with those sort of amenities - its a desert people!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voyages Desert Gardens Hotel is a superior hotel at Voyages Ayers Rock Resort. Magnificent ghost gums and flowering native shrubs are the setting for this hotel. Voyages Desert Gardens Hotel is centrally located to all resort and touring facilities and offers a range of accommodation, from shaded poolside rooms to deluxe rooms overlooking the desert.You can relax in the comfort of your own private balcony or courtyard, or unwind in the hotel's pool, sipping cocktails from the Bunya bar. It's only a short stroll to the Resort's numerous lookouts, where you can view what is arguably Australia's best sunset, with the spectacular play of colours across the face of Uluru and the surrounding desert. Once the sun has set, dine at Arnguli Grill and savour an a la carte flame grilled menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Desert Gardens Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Gardens Hotel, Ayers Rock Hotel Yulara
- Hotel Desert Gardens
- Desert Gardens Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort Australia/Yulara