Stayed at DG for 4 nights we found the room comfortable and clean, the room was serviced daily. We had a courtyard and a view of the rock in the distance. The pool was cold and the shady trees and shaded areas were nice to escape the heat. The breakfast which was included in the cost was good with an egg bar and chef to cook you pancakes, eggs and even eggs benedict. The restaurant was expensive but the food looked good but we chose to walk to the Resort Square and get takeaway noodles for $15 and eat by the pool. The cafes in the Resort square are good and cheaper, the café run by indigenous trainees was really good. It was a bit of a shame that we did not see more aboriginal staff. I was a bit disappointed with the lack of water being provided being where we were and the heat. The coaches have water but the resort didn't even have a bubbler so forced to buy water or fill from the bathroom. The resort was very quite. Staff were friendly and helpful, check in and out was efficient. Breakfast packs were provided for sunrise tour which was nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voyages Desert Gardens Hotel is a superior hotel at Voyages Ayers Rock Resort. Magnificent ghost gums and flowering native shrubs are the setting for this hotel. Voyages Desert Gardens Hotel is centrally located to all resort and touring facilities and offers a range of accommodation, from shaded poolside rooms to deluxe rooms overlooking the desert.You can relax in the comfort of your own private balcony or courtyard, or unwind in the hotel's pool, sipping cocktails from the Bunya bar. It's only a short stroll to the Resort's numerous lookouts, where you can view what is arguably Australia's best sunset, with the spectacular play of colours across the face of Uluru and the surrounding desert. Once the sun has set, dine at Arnguli Grill and savour an a la carte flame grilled menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Desert Gardens Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Gardens Hotel, Ayers Rock Hotel Yulara
- Hotel Desert Gardens
- Desert Gardens Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort Australia/Yulara