We were caught up in the Sydney airport fiasco which resulted in our flight being cancelled on the Friday so we went home and travelled the next day. The hotel was brilliant in moving our room and tour bookings, nothing was too much trouble. We had a deluxe rock view room booked and as a result of the delay, it was only available for the first two of our three day stay. They out of their way to ensure we could stay in the same room and not have to move mid holiday.
We experienced the same level of friendly, competent and welcoming service everywhere we went in the resort apart from the Red Ochre spa (see later). The Ilkara restaurant is superb, although more fresh fruit would be appreciated. I'm not a dessert fan, but they were incredible and when i inquired about one particular dish, the pastry chef came out and explained the ingredients and how it was made. The White Gum restaurant for breakfast was again friendly, efficient and with great choice. The only improvement I would recommend is to supply some heaters near the tables at the entrance since it was really chilly sitting there (night temperatures 1-2 c!
The Red Ochre is expensive which is understandable in the location, however, you then expect great service and advice. The treatment and therapist was great, however, the service at reception was of the friendly service experienced in the rest of the resort - oh and book early before you go. This was a small blip in an otherwise excellent holiday. Pleasing two teenage children on a holiday is not easy and they loved it, particularly the family astro evening and sunset camel tour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voyages Desert Gardens Hotel is a superior hotel at Voyages Ayers Rock Resort. Magnificent ghost gums and flowering native shrubs are the setting for this hotel. Voyages Desert Gardens Hotel is centrally located to all resort and touring facilities and offers a range of accommodation, from shaded poolside rooms to deluxe rooms overlooking the desert.You can relax in the comfort of your own private balcony or courtyard, or unwind in the hotel's pool, sipping cocktails from the Bunya bar. It's only a short stroll to the Resort's numerous lookouts, where you can view what is arguably Australia's best sunset, with the spectacular play of colours across the face of Uluru and the surrounding desert. Once the sun has set, dine at Arnguli Grill and savour an a la carte flame grilled menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Desert Gardens Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Gardens Hotel, Ayers Rock Hotel Yulara
- Hotel Desert Gardens
- Desert Gardens Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort Australia/Yulara