“Its Better to get a Hotel in Downtown”

Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Darwin
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This hotel is on the waterfront which sounds great until you see that the waterfront is more a wharf than a tropical beach. I have not stayed here before but it is a typical middle of the road boutique hotel. The room was spotless, the bathroom very small and it had a shower in the bath that was actually a bit difficult to get in and out of. The room I had, had no balcony so you were stuck in there unless you went down to the garden - definetly ask for a room with a balcony. There are many restuarants around and for those that like walking a nice boardwalk. The staff were great. The food was below average for the price, definetly eat at a restuarant. I would not stay here again, I would stay on the Esplanade in Darwin, thats were it all happens and where the great restuarants are.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room and one with a seperate shower. Ask for a room in the first wing or you wi...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Ralph D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Blondenomad94,

Greetings from Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.

Our Vibe Hotel rooms do not have a balcony but some of our Adina Apartments do. Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team.

All of us at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront join in saying thank you for staying with us and wishing you and your loved ones a happy holiday and prosperous new year.

Ralph D'souza

There are newer reviews for Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I was immediately impressed with the helpful land very friendly staff, at that point in my trip, I had stayed at a few bad hotels and needed an oasis.. Well, the Vibe served my needs perfectly. The rooms were very modern, spanking clean and had great views.. The hotel location was in the hot spot of the harbor, with a large variety if eateries just short stroll away.. Is was a "10" for me.. I only wished that there was free internet in the rooms.. but, I don't think that any hotels do that anymore anyway..

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Ralph D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Scott B,

Greetings from Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront.

It is our earnest endeavour to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotels in the near future.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

You will love this venue, the Vibe, clean, friendly, good staff, a nice restaurant next door and a pool. The waterfront, opposite the hotel, hosts many restaurants, shops and the famous swimming lagoon with the wave pool - a must, so much fun!
Stokes Wharf is a few minutes away on foot, that's where you get the best fish dinner, served on the wharf at very competitive prices. It's five minutes walk from the city centre!
Enjoy this fabulous venue in Darwin!

Room Tip: Ask reception, no room is bad, peace and quiet in all of them.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Ralph D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Edelweiss_9

Greetings from Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront.

It is our earnest endeavour to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I was part of a group of business travellers. The room had all the expected facilities, everything worked and the bed was comfortable. Like most hotels,you can hear the plumbing in adjoining rooms but it was otherwise quiet. I was surprised to have to allow a $100 charge on my credit card at check-in, though, which they assured would be reversed within ten working days as long as I didn't take anything from the minibar!

Room Tip: If you'd like a view, ask for a room overlooking the waterfront.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sonya271 ,

The team at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotels in the near future.

Kind regards

Ralph D'souza

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed here late November, and wow! I'm sure we got a great price because of the time of year, but I would expect to pay a lot more given the location.
We had a room overlooking the Stokes Hill Wharf and out to the ocean, which was perfect for the storm watching we had planned (pity the weather didn't really come to the party on that one)
The room was comfortable and clean, and importantly (according to a lot of the other Darwin reviews on here) didn't smell musty or mouldy at all! The shower was a little disappointing though, I would have thought for the rating of the hotel the shower over bath combo was a little cheap, tacky and dated... the water pressure to the shower head also seemed a little lacking.
But most importantly after a long sweaty day out sightseeing, the air conditioning was cool (make sure you leave the cleaning crew a note to leave it on!) and the bed was comfortable. Although the fire alarm going off at 5 am was annoying, it did encourage an early start that day and meant we weren't rushing around to get everything planned for that day done!

We'd definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Ocean views are a must, we asked for a free upgrade and got it... but that will be dependant on avai...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Ralph D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Jaye N,

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I have stayed here twice and have enjoyed the location, the ambience of the room and comfort of the king size bed.

Like all Darwin hotels their prices vary seasonally, so I can only afford to stay in the off season - and a wotif special @ $119 per night. As I'm up here every 3 months, it's a pity they don't have a loyalty scheme for people who are here on business on a regular basis, as their prices fluctuate badly.

My only negative comment is beware of getting into the shower over the bath. It is extremely narrow in climbing in and out and the bath is slippery. Easy to injure yourself as the bath is high.

Room Tip: Apparently all good things in life are free, however if you want a view it's $20 extra per night...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Ralph D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear Jellat,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We loved the location, very close to the city centre and a great variety of restaurants. Parking was good. We were able to leave our hire car in the car park and walk to shops and cafes We would definitely stay there again.

Dear WendyL784,