“My Favourite”

Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Darwin
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have stayed at several of the hotels in Darwin now. I love the fact I can charge various restaurants bills back to my room within the complex. This is includes an Irish Pub with excellent food!!! The Precinct bar is also next door!!! ;-) The Gym' is small, yet adequate when not busy. Pool is excellent.
I'll be back. Book in advance to avoid disppointment as thi s hotel is becoming very popular.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DannielleJenkinson, Manager at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Mark B,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review about Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront. We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

Thank you again for sharing the experience of your stay with us and we hope to see you again next time.

Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront

Write a ReviewReviews (1,756)

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Excellent location at Waterfront precinct. Close enough to CBD but with a much better aspect than city hotels. Car parking next door for $10 daily was very convenient. Room was spacious, modern and well furnished. Bed was large and comfortable. Would stay here agin and would recommend to anyone travelling to Darwin

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Alandcas,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

if you are looking to simply relax and enjoy the Waterfront area, wave pool,lagoon etc this is a great location. But was disappointed with service - problem with bathroom extractor fan ( none!), with air-con, hadnt been provided with full complement of towels, and coffee was hard and old and unusable.Oh, had to ask if we could use a concierge trolley - as no help was forthcoming with the many bags we had... Its the little touches make the difference between an ok experience and a great experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Digibaus,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review about Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront. I am disapointed to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations.

Here at the Vibe our reception team are on 24 hours a day to ensure your stay has little to no hiccups, and to resolve anything that does occur quickly and painlessly. I urge you to please contact reception if things are not up to your standard so we are able to act. I have also passed your feedback to the housekeeping team, thank you for bringing this to our attension.

Unfortunately we do not have a porter at the Hotel, but the reception team are more then happy to assist, i do apologise that your were not offered assistance, but this is not the usual standard we strive for.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope in the future you will return so we have the oppertunity to give you the customer service that we are renowned for.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

This hotel is in a great location and is in a central place for locals to have an overnight stay. Think we will be making this our local from now on. The surrounding restaurants and local attractions make this a must stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 347Cominghome,

Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Waterfront is amazing.

I booked a promotional deal through the hotel website and was really excited to be staying here. Sadly several experiences with poor service from the hotel staff and a view of the car park wall made the stay disappointing.

The hotel staff really need training on customer service.

The check-in staff seemed put out and offered no welcome or information about the hotel. It would have been nice to have been for warned about the outlook of the room (car park wall). I also had quite a lot of luggage as I was moving interstate and wish the staff had warned me how long the hallways were as I hurt my shoulders dragging my bags to the far end of the hotel alone.

I was misinformed about the parking procedure, but upon returning to the front desk for help the staff member was quite rude and blamed us for not understanding the instructions, which was not helpful at the end of the day.

The restaurant is an a wonderful location with a lovely outlook, but the staff again provide only minimal and poor service. Orders take a long time and the food was very low quality.

The rooms are quite nice and serviced well. The bed was very comfortable.

While there are positives here, especially the location, I would be hesitant to staff again as the customer service from staff in a hotel like this really make or break the place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank paveyron
Ralph D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Paula L,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your recent review on the Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront. Here at the Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront we endeavour to create a personal and positive experience to all our guests, it is disappointing to read that your expectations were not met.

I would like to thank you for accepting our phone call and as per our phone conversation this is not the usual standard of customer service of our team, as you may see from other reviews on TripAdvisor we have developed a very customer focused culture, so I apologise that the team came across rude and somewhat amiss.

I hope that in the future you give the team and the Vibe Hotel another opportunity to give you a proper experience with the fantastic service quality we are renowned for.

Kind Regards,

Ralph D'souza
Assistant Hotel Manager

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Can't complain about the room at all - you really get what you pay for however the bathroom had not been cleaned prior to me checking in. Hair had been left in the shower and bath which is quite disgusting.
Aircon gets extremely cold and bedding isn't thick enough

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DannielleJenkinson, Manager at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Kelly M,

We truly appreciate your feedback about the hotel and will ensure that your kind words are passed onto our team. I will also follow up with our housekeeping department regarding your room, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We urge you to please next time you stay with us do not hesitate to contact reception with any issue you have as we can help you resolve it straight away.

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed in most of the hotels in Darwin now, some aged. This modern hotel is is nestled amongst a selection of restaurants, some of which allow charges back to our room. The Precinct bar is next door( bonus!), and an Irish pub 2mins away, with excellent food!( bigger bonus!) there is a pool and small but adequate gym. I stay here every time, book a week in advance as it is popular these days!!! :-)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business