“OK - but expected more for the price we paid”

Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Darwin
Reviewed 24 July 2014

As we usually holiday in Asia we are probably spoilt by the excellent hotels and service we always receive. We paid 50% more for a studio room at Adina than we usually pay for a 5 star hotel suite in Kuala Lumpa with club room facilities so we were expecting something fantastic - but we were disappointed.

On the positive side, the room, whilst unattractive, was a decent size and clean, the bed was large, comfortable and the linen good. The bathroom was adequate although the shower was over the bath rather than being separate. We had a maintenance issue that was fixed promptly. The buffet breakfast in Curves was good.

The negatives: the room faced the sea (we assumed) but the view blocked by trees. On arrival no help was offered with suitcases until my 74 year old husband went by the front desk after check in and we had the offer 'do you want a hand'. There were luggage carriers but I never saw them move. Front desk staff were courteous in the main. There is no information book in the room about the hotel. We were given a welcome letter which had minimal information. When I rang down to the front desk the first morning to find out if we had breakfast in the hotels one restaurant, the person answering snapped at me when I did not understand that she had asked me to 'hold the line'. House keeping staff around the hotel would not offer a greeting or smile when they passed by.
The 24 hour room service was poor. We booked in late and our choice of food was 4 items: two meat pizzas, wedges and chips. When I explained I do not eat red meat I was told I could order the wedges!! For a 4 star hotel I would expect far more choice. Plus there is a $4 'tray charge' for every order. The other food we had from room service and at Curves (the express lunch) was average at best. Saturday night the only restaurant was closed was for a noisy function.
We were shocked to find that after paying so much for the room, we still had to pay A$10 a night for parking and Wi-Fi and internet were not complimentary in the room either. The hotel has a noisy bar next door which could be heard in the room.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor so maybe rooms on higher floors would have a view of the harbour!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank kentdi
DannielleJenkinson, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Kentdi,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback about your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin. I am sorry that our service delivery was not up to your expectations. Our team prides itself on customer service and we’re disappointed that we failed to deliver on this occasion. I will share your feedback with my team so we can improve in the areas you have highlighted.

All our rooms have a compendium which contains information about our hotel, the services we offer and the popular attractions in the surrounding area. Moreover, our reception team is available 24 hours to help with any enquires our guests may have.

In regards to your comment about parking, I would like to inform the readers of Trip Advisor that the car park next to the hotel is owned by the Darwin Waterfront Council. We offer a discounted rate of $10.00 per night to our guests as opposed to the $33.00 per night charge the council offers.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast and will ensure that your feedback is passed onto the team at Curve.

Once again, we thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Adina was the perfect place for a stay in Darwin. We had the use of our daughters car which we able to park in Hotel's car park for a minimum rate. The room was great, spacious and comfortable with a view out over the Waterfront precinct. The position of the Hotel was ideal, easy walking to City Centre, Restaurants, Shops and lovely walkways. Fantastic Stay Thankyou!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DannielleJenkinson, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Jenny S,

The team and I were delighted to read about your stay.

Thank you again for sharing the experience of your stay with us and we hope to see you again next time.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Recently returned from a trip to Darwin and enjoyed staying at the Adina Apartment. The location was fantastic as can easily walk everywhere. It was close to the wave pool so if you're going there to relax you can enjoy that facility.

Dear Foyna,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review about Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin. We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

I appreciate your feedback and will ensure that this is passed onto the team.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife & I stayed at Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront for 7 nights. It is a lovely place to stay - very professional, friendly and competent staff. Great location. Good facilities. Clean. A top class experience. Will stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DannielleJenkinson, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear 776Robert_E007,

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback!

The team and I were delighted to read about your stay. We were especially pleased by the comment you made in regards to their service so thank you for this recognition, it is much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin in the near future.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I could not fault any part of our stay - thank you to your staff. The restaurant meet all our needs plus the staff in the bar and restaurant were second to none. We will definitely stay with you again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Katie B,

I am so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I am so pleased that you were happy with our service and that your stay was excellent.
I will ensure to pass this onto my team.

Thank you again for sharing the experience of your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming to you back soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The waterfront precint has it all for a great family holiday - plenty of choice for eatries and budget. Staff friendly enough but found it difficult when booking to identify the configuration and range of apartments available that suited our needs.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jason G,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin. We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

I am pleased that you found our staff friendly and will ensure your kind words are passed onto the team.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Adina was clean and had a great view. All facilities for self contained apartment.
Walking distance to restaurants and swimming.hotel has a restaurant,which is very good.i really enjoyed the experience

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Sue H,

I am pleased that you found your stay to be an enjoyable experience