“Two week business trip”

Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Darwin
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Overall a very good experience and a fantastic location. Spent two weeks delivering training at the Adina conference room which was a very good experience. Jocelyn and Fletcher were fantastic, helpful, accommodating and the food and coffee was excellent.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DannielleJenkinson, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Gavin C,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review about Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin. We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, food, coffee and conference!

Jocelyn and Fletcher were especially pleased to read your review and thank you for your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin.

Many thanks,

Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,338)

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Great location. Good place to eat with pleantly of other options along the water front that charge back to your room. Perfect for a business trip. Great rooms but can be pricey sometimes for what you get. Glad I was put here by the business though!

Thank Business Travel... S

Dear Business Travel... S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin, we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

I am pleased that you found our hotel and surrounding restaurants to be great and thank you for pointing out to the readers of Trip Advisor that if they do not want to eat in-house at our restaurant Curve Café that they can also room charge from four other restaurants down here on the Waterfront.

Thank you again for sharing the experience of your stay with us and we hope to see you again next time.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Rooms were lovely and modern but there was marks or stains on the linen and getting them changed was inconvenient to say the least. The staff weren't overly approachable and seemed too busy to converse or make us feel at home. It is just like any other large establishment and I found nothing unique or likeable about this place. It is situated in a great location with easy access to wavepool, lagoon etc. but the hospitality left a lot to be desired.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank bmoll83
DannielleJenkinson, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Bmoll83,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your valuable feedback on your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and, where necessary, improve upon service levels for our valued guests.

I am very sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations and I was disappointed to learn that you felt our staff were unapproachable; I have addressed this with my team as we usually receive positive feedback about our service.

I have also passed on your feedback regarding the marks and stains on the linen as this is certainly unacceptable.

Once again, thank you for letting us know about your stay and I hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin in the near future so that you can experience what we are truly capable of.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Positives to start: great location for young family with wave pool, lagoon and food right out your front door and the mall only a short walk.
Negatives: We were allocated room 249 when we arrived, this is a premier apartment with a view, if I wanted a view of a tree I would have stayed home! I understand trees grow as pointed out by a staff member and thankfully we were allocated a new room where we could see the water, sky and surrounds. The lobby and restaurant is like walking into a freezer, we were trying to escape the cold. The apartment a/c is either hot or cold and takes too long to adjust and would not turn off. The hair conditioner is like using dish washing detergent. Time for some new pillows. There was ants but that didn't bother us. Our stay was pleasant and would stay there again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
DannielleJenkinson, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Dear Kristin756,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin and I do apologise that we did not live up to the excellent standards which we strive to provide.

As mentioned to you when you were at reception the trees have grown bigger than we expected but we are working with Darwin Waterfront Council as they also do provide a great shade option for the waterfront.

Our Hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience so moving your room so that you could see the water, sky and surrounds was the least I could do for you and your family.
I have taken action on your feedback regarding the ants and the pillows and would like you to know we have placed new pillows in the room and treated the room for ants.

In regards to the air-conditioning we keep the temperature nice and cool so when our guests arrive at the Hotel or come back after a day out in Darwin’s warm tropical environment they can walk into a refreshing lobby however the restaurant doors are all open throughout the dry season and in your room unfortunately you cannot turn off the air-conditioning but you can use the panel by pressing up or down to adjust the temperature.

I am glad you found your stay pleasant and that you would return, we look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2014

The hotel is well situated to the Conference Centre for work purposes and has the added attractions of the wave pool, good dining facilities and open spaces to relax or walk along the water front. good

Dear Rosalindt W,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay as well as the surrounding facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

My husband was attending a conference in Darwin and we selected this property because of its proximity to the conference venue and because a number of years ago, we stayed in what was then the Medina apartments in Coogee NSW during some home renovations and loved it.The location on the Waterfront, close to cafés, restaurants, lovely walks, and the Smith St Mall is excellent. Our studio apartment is clean and comfortable. That said , on check-in, we were asked if we would like the Northern Territory newspaper delivered in the mornings, at a charge. Please could we have The Australian, instead ? The young man checking us in turned enquiringly to another man behind the counter. "Oh the Australian is not printed in Darwin and only arrives in the afternoon. You will find it at the newsagent up the road , across the bridge , on the corner........." The next day, I duly waited till the afternoon, found said newsagent, purchased the newspaper and enquired what time it arrived in Darwin. "We get it first thing in the morning. It is printed in Darwin." I returned to the hotel to impart this information, and would it therefore be possible to deliver the newspaper to my room in the morning? Some consultation with an unseen person took place before the response was given. "No, we do not have arrangements with the Australian".
We have booked to attend part of the Darwin festival in a park and were informed that there is no seating, and we should bring our own blankets or folding chairs. My husband and I cannot sit on flat ground for prolonged periods. I approached hotel reception. There is a folding suitcase rack in our room, may I take it along to use as a stool? "No." Well, then, may I simply take the large cushions on top of the sofa in our room? More consultation with the unseen person before the inevitable "No." What should I do? "Well maybe you can hire a beanbag, or something." Oh, really......? There have been other requests, and similar responses from the unseen person relayed by the staff at the front desk.
We were not expecting world-class service: this property is rated four-star. But regardless of facilities or comfort levels, it is always the staff and level of service that set the tone for one's stay and enjoyment. It is not the denial of what I do not perceive to be extraordinary requests that I find offensive, but rather the manner in which it has been relayed, without even the modicum of any attempt to appear helpful.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel if service is important.
3  Thank Hazel P
Ralph D, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Dear Hazel P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront.

I couldn’t agree with you more that it is always the staff and level of service that sets the tone for one’s stay and enjoyment. At Adina this has always been our earnest endeavour and I’m really sorry that we have failed on this occasion. I don’t think your requests were extraordinary and my team could have done a better job if they used a little imagination. As the manager of the hotel I accept responsibility for this and will do my best to encourage my team to start thinking outside the box and come up with alternatives instead of saying NO. We do offer the NT News as we are big supporters of local businesses but we can also organise The Australian and other popular Australian newspapers. As a follow up, I will change our newspaper order to include The Australian so we have a good mix of newspapers to offer to our guests in the future.

Your request to take the folding suitcase rack outside as a chair was turned down due it being a health risk as they are not designed to be used as chairs. I apologise that this wasn‘t explained to you clearly. The cushions on the sofas are part of the furnishings in the room and we don’t allow these to be taken outdoors as there is a risk that insects may attach themselves to it and cause an infestation. Once again I would like to inform the readers of Tripadvisor that we have purchased 2 brand new ergonomic camping chairs and these can be hired from reception, all thanks to Hazel.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the excellent location of the hotel and the cleanliness in your room. Phew!

I hope you don’t avoid our hotel in the future as I assure you we won’t disappoint you again. At Adina we are always looking at ways to improve and we appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback.

We hope you will give us another opportunity and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had a very comfortable stay. The service at reception was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble for the lady who checked us in. She even gave us an upgraded room and a late checkout. The accommodation is in close proximity to restaurants, cafes and the Wavepool. I would definitely recommend this venue.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin H
DannielleJenkinson, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Martin H,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review about Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin. We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

Our team were thrilled to read about your stay and Katie was pleased you enjoyed your upgrade and late check out.

Thank you again for sharing the experience of your stay with us and the readers of Trip Advisor and we look forward to seeing you again next time.