“good value. honest.”

Ranked #26 of 37 Hotels in Darwin
Perth, Australia
“good value. honest.”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

we stayed there as a group of 5 in three rooms. The location is not Darwin central, but that's not really a problem. Especially if you have a car. They have a pool, and free BBQ. Markets and shops are nearby. No eating facilities on the premises, unless you have BBQ by the pool (not a bad idea). Free and easy parking. Clean rooms - basic, but do the job. In some ways its "old and tired", but I have stayed in much worse (and some better).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Andrew C
DenTT, General Manager at Paravista Motel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
thank you for your review, we are happy that you all enjoyed your stay and we deeply appreciate a honest, realistic and down to earth review, we wish all the very best and we may see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Brisbane
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Yes the Paravista is an old motel however the rooms were clean, recently painted and the beds very comofortable and we found the manager to be helpful. We stayed for a couple of nights then went touring in litchfield for a couple of nights and came back for the night before flying back to Brisbane. We have no problem recommending the Paravista and would stay here again

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank jim t
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

The guy at the reception was a bit obnoxious, but once you've dealt with him, the room was ok.
Not perfect; the door to the ensuite had no tongue in it, and the AC was very noisy. The pool had leaves and other debris floating in it. The kitchen upstairs was equal to the worse camp kitchen I've seen in any caravan park.
The bed was queen size and good quality and that was the most important to us.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NotQuiteAWinnebago
DenTT, Front Office Manager at Paravista Motel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
thank you for the review, but we treat our guest the same way the treat us,if you are rude to us we are rude back
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Quiet location, slightly outside CBD but if you've got a hire car it's less than 5mins into town. Rooms are a little dated, and the aircon is loud, but a great spot overall. Comfy beds, a nice balcony, swimming pool and nearby pub/shops/ATM are very handy. We checked in very late, and the management were really helpful - responded to our message quickly and left the keys out for us. All in all, a great stay. Cheers!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Cbn88
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I am not sure how this motel got four and five stars from some travellers : I stayed in room 18 on the third floor and my impressions were far from good. The shower hot water did not work, the sink is small and no shelves to place your toiletries. One of the bedsides lamps was also not working. In general the room and ensuite reminded me strongly of a remote mine site workers singles room. The hotel is old and with cheap fittings and it strongly shows it . I arrived from the airport at 19:20 and the reception closes at 19:00 so everything is closed with the key being left outside in a mailbox. Obviously there is nobody to talk to if anything is wrong. The room key displays an ad for some restaurant with program Monday to Friday which also closes at 19:00!!! . I paid for this AU$ 99/ night !!! I had a second night booked to the same hotel on my return trip, however I cancelled the booking (even if I'll probably loose my monies - I could not return to that sink hole again).

Room Tip: Do not go there!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ULDan

Travellers are raving about these Darwin hotels

Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This motel is great this is my second visit as i fly to a community from Darwin. The Parap markets are on Sat and the shopping centre in Parap is really convenient. Its close to the airport the suburb is quiet and the area is nice. I am a solo traveller so its perfect for my needs. The rooms are clean and the beds are really comfortable.

Room Tip: I have stayed in room 1 the view is the carpark, but if you have problems with stairs than this is o...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank geoffrey_fafard
Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I recently stayed at The Paravista Motel for a week and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Absolutely loved the location - just around the corner from Parap Village and the Saturday markets. The bus stop is close by and I enjoyed being a few minutes from the city. The room was fantastic, clean and roomy and a nice little balcony. Nelson and Tenielle - you were both awesome - helpful and friendly. Thanks for a great stay.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends