My family and I stayed here during the Xmas break for four nights - what a great apartment!
After researching all of the lodging options in Darwin we were fairly unimpressed by what Darwin had to offer: thank god we found the One30 apartments! We paid about $350/night and we are more than happy with what we ended up with.
Checkin is at this hotel which is about a 5min drive away - checkin was fairly chaotic but took a little over 5mins so it wasn't that much of a major. Note that they take a $200 refundable deposit along with the normal tariff at checkin.
The carpark at the property is a bit of nightmare to navigate, but a map is provided to help you find your car spot. The apartment itself is very new, and fitted out with decent quality furnishings. There are a small supply of reasonably quality bathroom amenities also.
The balcony is of a good size, and this is where we spent most of the time. The view is great and if you can handle the humidity of the wet season, you should definitely use the balcony for entertaining. The bedrooms are of a good size, and the beds are comfortable and ensure a good nights sleeps. The aircon works perfectly too, so thats a bonus. The separate family room was well used by our young one, who prompty set up the Xbox (we basically never saw him the whole time!)
My only gripe is that some normal amenities are lacking i.e.
- No "spray and wipe" to clean the benches
- No washing powder (not even a sachet to get you started!)
- No gladwrap/tin foil, so bring your own!
- No egg beaters (having to whisk our cream for the pavlova was interesting)
I would highly recommend this property to those that are unhappy with the normal hotel options in Darwin and who want something luxurious without breaking the bank.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One30 Esplanade Serviced Apartments are situated on one of Darwin’s premier addresses with sweeping views of Darwin Harbor and the Esplanade. Our huge 210sqm apartments each feature a large designer kitchen, open plan living area, three large bedrooms with contemporary décor, separate family room, Austar television, personal laundry facilities; and are serviced every three days. Each apartment features a large private balcony, the perfect place to enjoy the magnificent sunsets over Darwin Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and LateRooms so you can book your One30 Esplanade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.