“Not the best”

Ranked #22 of 37 Hotels in Darwin
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“Not the best”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I found this motel very tired, the en-suite was very old and the taps difficult to use, there was no rubbish bin in the room, I was guaranteed a very quiet night but is was so noisy from traffic and the surrounding areas I got no sleep either night, the doors didn't close so lot of light came into the room and the staff where lets say less than helpful, I would class this establishment as a very low grade budget motel with a high price.

Room Tip: Go to another motel
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ian M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Indonesian first
Cessnock, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was a supposed to be a special visit for me to meet my new granddaughter.. I made bookiing over internet gave all my details of when i was arriving was told everything was okay upon arriving at motel everything was shut no lights on and could not get answer on phone.. When finally getting a answer was told i could not book in till after 3.00 pm not satisfactory answer after flying 4500 klms. I ended up finding accomadation else where would not recomend this motel to anyone.... Would highly recomend the people who helped me out with accomadation at the place i ended up staying which was also cheaper....

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank 1056outlaw

Travellers are raving about these Darwin hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Travelled as a couple 6 or 7 years ago. I thought it was ok while there. It's been an horrific aftermath since in terms of the irreparable damage done to my relationship. I have come to believe that I was drugged here one night. I believe that at least two males were involved. One being another customer of the hiway inn and the other being the manager, Stewart/Stuart.
Being a smoker, I would go outside for a smoke and coffee and sit at the bottom of the stairs, often meeting other guests doing likewise. This is where I think the drug was slipped into my soft drink/coffee probably by the guest accomplice. Apparently I disappeared for the whole night. I was seen getting into a truck in the car park and going into another room with the manager. I have no memory of this. My first memory next day was being up and packing to leave. It has taken this long for many of these things to come to light. I would never go there again and I put this as a serious caution to other potential guests of the female gender.

Room Tip: Guard your drinks with vigilance and keep your partner close to you. If partner is asleep, don't...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Vanessa B
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Room was quite large compared to other motels we have stayed at little bit old looking but still very comfortable had all that we needed tea coffee sugar and milk air con worked great bit out of the way only cost $20 from the airport in a taxi great spot if you hire a car then you can get around quite easy overall a great little motel will definitely stay again :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Glenmore Park, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The room was supposed to have coffee/tea facilities. This consisted of a fridge with uht milk, no coffee, tea or sugar and no cups or jug to boil the water. Even if I had a jug there would have been nowhere to plug it in. I stayed in a transit room which meant shared bathroom. It would have been good if the one bathroom had been cleaned at least once in the past year. The only place to leave your clothes was on top of a grotty water heater.
They advertised a continental breakfast, surely this consists of something more than muesli, coffee/tea and toast with vegemite. Oh one morning they did have orange juice pity they didn't have any glasses.
Overall the stairs to the dining room looked like they have never seen a broom. A door on the wardrobe would have been handy as well as a chair and table which could also have been used to put the non existent kettle on.
Overall over priced, dirty and a ripoff

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank Bernie A
Reviewed 24 April 2013

As with the rating, my room needed a revamp but was clean and comfortable.aircon was cold. The food was from a limited menu but was as good as any 5 star inner city hotel. Kitchen staff are as friendly as you'll find. All in all I'll be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank catpilots1
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 October 2012

When your plane arrives at 2am, youre not spoilt for choice. Paying $150 night for a 5 hour sleep in a hotel room with a broken aircon. Being woken up by the smokers chugging away at your door, was my intro to the NT.
I was not expecting the Hilton, but a little common sense wouldnt go astray here, along with just a tiny bit of company profit spent back on the rooms!

We had travelled for 5 hours to get there, another 15 mins in a taxi would have given us far greater choice (and comfort) in Darwin!

Room Tip: Go into Darwin!!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family