“Best Takeaway Food !”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Visiting Darwin and staying in a Caravan park I dropped in here about 2.30 to get a takeout for dinner on the way home from shopping. Seriously good food. I had the Stir fried Lemon Grass Chicken and fried rice. It was so good I caught the bus back in the next day to get it again ! The review is a bit limited as I only got take away have never eaten in, but it does look lovely for dining in.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Our 2nd visit to Ruby after a great experience the first time, this was still great food but the service especially for drinks was very slow. There were even delays in the serving of the courses. 2 entrees came out and about 5 mins later the other two were served. Same thing happened for the mains.
The food was excellent and the scallops were brilliant, no complaints in that area. The wine list was very basic but ok. Still a pleasant meal and hopefully it was just a bad staff night.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We had a beautifully presented meal here once again. Full of flavor and diversity considering the menus not overly sized. The service staff were friendly and attentive with a very good understanding of there food and wines. Thanks to them for an enjoyable meal.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We had the Pho with rare beef and a Ruby Pho (with rare beef, tendons, meatballs and beef briskets). It's one of the better pho noodles in Darwin. I've always came back to Ruby to eat it's Vietnamese pho noodles as other nearby Vietnamese restaurants just doesn't taste as nice. Ruby's pho soup base is flavoursome and comes out temperature wise hot. We also had the cameralised pork to share and it's surprisingly lean which suited my liking.
Definitely a place to go to if you're looking for a good pho or Vietnamese cuisine.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Spending a week in Darwin for work I was lucky enough to dine at Ruby early in the week which meant I could go back again to enjoy the wonderful food and service in the pleasant outdoor dining area.

First night I had a Duck Salad for entree and Salt Pepper Squid for main both were lovely. Second night Oysters and a Duck Curry again both lovely particularly the Oysters with their lime dressing.

I believe it's a family ran restaurant with Mum cooking and the children running the front of house.

I will be back when next in Darwin for business or pleasure.

1  Thank Paulandjoseph