“Not what it used to be”

Description: Family friendly, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner,
Adelaide, Australia
“Not what it used to be”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

For the past 6 years during our holidays at Sky City we had always visited Sunset for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast was a bit luke warm but you expect that with a buffet style. But perhaps get an additional toaster that works properly and a better selection of packet cereals. However, we were most disappointed with dinner as fresh prawns are now only served on Saturday nights rather than every night. We had always looked forward to the prawns as the rest of the food on offer was and still is mediocre at best. Also the previously splendid dessert choices have been drastically reduced to small, dry cake-like slices, uninspiring fruit and bowls of goo pretending to be mousse. We are used to the ice cream machine playing up but it has now completely given up the ghost and we were told it has been this way for 6 months. The sliding door was broken when we arrived and took 10 days to fix. I know you're on Darwin time but come on guys! Altogether very disappointing.

• Visited August 2014

• Indonesian first
Darwin Australia
“Monday Night 18 Aug 14 - Sunset Restaurant Sky City Casino”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This place was really great value for money with excellent food 12 months ago.

What has happened??? The global financial crisis may of hit a while ago, but the Casinos balance sheets looked pretty good to me with returns averaging 8 - 10 percent, & I was thinking about investing in some shares there.

I visited last night & was very disappointed with the mediocre fair and non existent roast meat offerings that was left there. This was at approximately 7:15 pm.
There were lemons displayed around the food serving areas, just to look at, and I thought what the...

I noticed the crowd size has dropped off from 12 months ago. Maybe the customers are trying to tell you something.

I tried to get ice cream from the left dispenser, it was too cold, and nothing came out.
I tried the right one and a liquidy blast of water and cream hit my dessert plate, which I put down and replaced with the chocolate mousse, which was not what I wanted.

The wine prices and wine & overall the service was good, well done on that, but it looks like the bean counters or accountants are doing your menus & food offerings now, and this is really letting the restaurant down.

Skycity Regular & Darwin Resident
Peter McGrane

• Visited August 2014
Millicent, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“breakfast nice”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

the breakfast was nice but some of the precooked food was cold.
everything was what we expected, the view was very good

Visited August 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Seafood delight”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Saturday nights is seafood buffet for $39.95. You'll need to book as it is busy. The range of seafood is excellent for the price.

Visited August 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“Not the food it used to be a year ago!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We used to love this restaurant as it was such good value and a good variety of dishes to choose from, but not any more. I don't know if they changed their chefs this year but the food was not up to its usual standard and it also wasn't hot. As a result we only went twice in 8 weeks whereas we used to go once or twice a week. Great disappointment!!

• Visited June 2014