“Freshen up!!!”
Review of Darwin Fish Market

Darwin Fish Market
Ranked #7 of 32 Shopping in Darwin
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Been patronising this store for a few years now and while it has been hit and miss, sadly it has been a lot more miss these days.
Bought cooked prawns that were so salty they were inedible. Often have bought frozen seafood that has also been inedible.
Come on guys it's all you do- get it right. Have spent a lot of money in your shop and questioning whether to go back.

1  Thank Lorraine P
carmelbdarwin, Manager at Darwin Fish Market, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Thank you for choosing to shop at Darwin Fish Market and sharing your feedback. We sincerely apologise that your experience did not reflect the usual standard of quality that we strive for. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the issue you experienced in more detail. If you could please contact the office or drop into the shop and ask for the Manager I will personally look after you.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have patronised this store on several occasions as I like to cook my own mud crabs, and the price is always less than other competitors. It pays to call in the morning, otherwise sold out.
Nothing beats fresh locally caught seafood and they have a great selection and employ friendly staff who are happy to assist in anyway! We will certainly be back!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I visited Darwin Fish Markets after reading positive reviews on Trip Advisor. I purchased 2 SUPPOSEDLY delicious FRESH Darwin mud crabs. One was still partly frozen and tasteless. The other mud crab's flesh was slimy and brown. The internal organs were also brown and revolting. I don't rate this place at all!

1  Thank Perseus07

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Not only a fantastic place to buy local and Australian seafood, Saturday mornings will see the Chef giving lessons. Friend and I were interested in preparing and cooking squid. Not a problem with the hands-on experience; from prep to taste.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Freshest, delicious looking seafood. Clean and extremely helpful friendly staff. Love it have been back for more since. Can't beat locally caught fresh fish and crabs. YUM