“Great seafood and service”
Review of Darwin Fish Market

Darwin Fish Market
Ranked #7 of 29 Shopping in Darwin
Ulladulla
“Great seafood and service”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We just bought some great prawns and barra here - fresh and tasty. We loved the service too, the woman who served us was really eager to help us make the right selection.

Visited July 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“You can smell the freshness as you walk in.”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Ive been buying my seafood from Darwin fish market for years.
Soon as you walk in it has a fresh and clean smell, not like some other local seafood places I've been too where you have to hold your breath so you don't gag.
The plus for me is there is a great variety of local and Australian seafood, NT live mud crabs are a must to try, always full of meat. Best for chilli crab.YUM! I love their fresh cooked prawns, bugs, white bait, NT snapper fillets. Oh I can go on and on…….
The staff are always helpful and if you go on saturdays you will catch the iron chef cooking up a fresh sample. Last time i went he made battered fish, So good it melted in my mouth.
Take it from a local you can't get any fresher.
Thanks Darwin Fish for always keeping fresh!

Visited February 2014
Darwin, Australia
“Unique and a great variety of local fresh seafood with fresh cooked prawns”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The only place we found with fresh cooked prawns and a great variety of local and only Australian seafood, excellent service and friendly staff. Loved the prawns good prices to

Visited February 2014
Darwin, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Freshen up!!!”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Been patronising this store for a few years now and while it has been hit and miss, sadly it has been a lot more miss these days.
Bought cooked prawns that were so salty they were inedible. Often have bought frozen seafood that has also been inedible.
Come on guys it's all you do- get it right. Have spent a lot of money in your shop and questioning whether to go back.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Lorraine P
carmelbdarwin, Manager at Darwin Fish Market, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Thank you for choosing to shop at Darwin Fish Market and sharing your feedback. We sincerely apologise that your experience did not reflect the usual standard of quality that we strive for. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the issue you experienced in more detail. If you could please contact the office or drop into the shop and ask for the Manager I will personally look after you.
Perth, Australia
125 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“Only place to buy seafood”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have patronised this store on several occasions as I like to cook my own mud crabs, and the price is always less than other competitors. It pays to call in the morning, otherwise sold out.
Nothing beats fresh locally caught seafood and they have a great selection and employ friendly staff who are happy to assist in anyway! We will certainly be back!

Visited September 2013