Travelodge Resort Darwin
  • Breakfast included
H Hotel(Darwin)
Oaks Elan Darwin(Darwin)
1,880 results
All reviewstravelodge mirambeenatreetops restaurantpool bartravel lodgeacross the roadwoolworths supermarketbus stopwould stay againgreat poolmitchell streetpoolscbdpositionwaterfront
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Well was booked to stay here by my work and when they told me I wasnt keen. Having lived in Darwin previously I hadn't heard good things BUT I was nicely surprised during my stay.

PROS: - I arrived in the late evening and my air con was turned on in my room as well as the bedside lamps. Nice touch and appreciated.
- Room I had was not a basic one I think it was a standard motel but not 100% as I didnt book it. Obviously in the process of renovating as all furniture was new as well as carpet and fresh lick of paint. The daggy old bathroom and tea/coffee area was pretty dated though.
-Staff were really friendly and helpful!
-Great location with CBD close by, bus interchange out the front and woolies across the road as well.
- Pool area is one of the best in Darwin. Relaxed, tropical and secluded.

CONS: - The silver rubbish bin in my bathroom was FILTHY on the outside. It looked gross; like it had never been cleaned or wiped down. Had me questioning the cleanliness of the bathroom.
- Room service meal I had was average. It was only a garlic bread and it was burnt. In fact in some parts it was burnt BLACK! Ew. Shocking considering it was $13 as well rip OFF!!
- There was a dehumidifier in the room but no instructions on how to use it. Also limited range of temperature on the A/C. I got so cold I had to get a blanket from reception. The blankets on the bed; they shouldnt bother ha its like a sheet only!
- There was not dialling information or numbers to call reception from your room. It was a bit annoying given the size of the resort as reception can be a bit of a walk away if you need to request anything.

My stay was pretty good overall with only minor things to note so for the price you can't go wrong in a standard room at this time of year :)

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LouiseMaxiMaxwell
Angela C, Manager at Travelodge Resort Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear LouiseMaxiMaxwell

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us.

We have shared your comments withour team for immediate action and improvements on your issues raised.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

stayed a week in late jan, stayed in a town house that didn't look too bad. but latter that night got up to go to the toilet and was stunned to see lots of cockroaches running around on the floor and basin, then on the way to the bed the floor had about 10 that I could see. the next day and two cans of surface spray, and can of fly spray to contain them slightly for the week. a large dead cockroach was on the floor of the bathroom for four days!. one day I timed the cleaner, and it took her two min and ten seconds to make the bed and do the general cleaning!. the pool area was good, but there was no one attending the bar for most of the time, also they close it at 8pm, even if there were a lot of people there. this is a very poor resort for the money that they charge. my advice is look around for another place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank grant61

Dear Grant61,

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay at our hotel.

We apologise for not meeting your expectations during your stay and welcome you to contact the hotel direct to discuss your concerns in further details.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed in a townhouse for 6 nights and found it quiet and clean. Yes this place could do with a spruce up, chipped paint and grubby walls, but beds are comfortable, cleaning staff work hard and reception staff couldn't do enough to ensure a pleasant stay. Had one meal in Treetops restaurant and it was exceptional, too full for dessert so it was delivered to our room an hour later, yum! Close to Woolies so easy to self cater. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay in a townhouse if you like space.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sukisj

Dear Sukisj

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel.

We have shared your feedback with our team, guest experience and satisfaction are our priority.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Am currently staying at this place they call a resort! Was a last minute booking that I had to make as I am not here on holiday, I'm hear to see a sick family member.
Booked a budget room for 7 nights, 1 king bed (2 single beds pushed together with a sheet over) and 2x single bed! Thought it was a great price for a hotel right in the city centre. The only good thing I can report about this 'resort' is the pools, and one of the receptionists by the name of Lisa. She was lovely! Unfortunately I haven't seen her working again. Now to start my review. Mold in the shower, air con makes an awful noise, had to wedge a piece of plastic in it. It took 2 phone calls and 3 people to fix the tv on the 3RD day! Second guy that came to look at it spun the worst story I have ever heard 'the signal has been cut to all tvs due to the weather' 10 minutes later a different worker came in and told us we were just using the wrong remote.. (Well signed it without a word like we were deaf or something). Walls are paper thin, you can hear everything! Movement in the adjoining rooms actually makes both beds move, including doors closing! Beds are on wheels, and on tiles.. Go figure? Housekeeping haven't been into out room for the passed 2 days, notified reception with no sincere apology at all, just 'I'll put it in the logbook'? A dirty old sock left in the cupboard that has all the cords from TV, safe, and ironing board jammed into it. Looks as though it hasn't been cleaned in 6months. When housekeeping did service mine and my mothers room, they took a towel and didn't even replace it until asked! Fridge is disgustingly filthy on the outside. Beds are reasonably comfortable though! There are no practical power points near the beds, one near the ceiling. I could go on and on but I think whoever is reading this should catch my drift by now. The noise next door tonight happened to be the last straw for me. Called reception, didn't seem to care at all. Sent a staff member to come and have a look whom actually spoke to me about the issue. Although all I was told was 'sorry, if you have anymore issues don't hesitate to contact reception' I've been doing that for the passed 3 days! I'm far from a fussy person but all we want to do is come back to the hotel of an afternoon after being in the hospital all day, to relax with NO issues! Nothing has been done to help make our stay a little better after all our complaints! This room would've been great! If it hadn't of been for everything I've mentioned above! DO NOT STAY IN A BUDGET ROOM! I read the reviews before booking and thought everyone was just fussy! I thought wrong! Won't be staying here again! Such a big disappointment!

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank CMCEE123
LukeMcDonald, Manager at Travelodge Resort Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear CMCEE123,

It is very disappointing to hear that we were unable to meet your expectations on your last stay at the resort. The whole team to takes great pride in being able to respond in an efficient manner to both positive and negative items raised whist they are staying at the resort so we are able to produce a comfortable environment and stay for every guest. It appears that we were unable to provide this to you on your stay.

All of you points have been shared with their appropriate departments for review and action going forward.

It is regretful that you would not choose to stay at the resort on your next visit to Darwin, if you would like to discuss your feedback in further detail please contact the hotel directly.

Kind Regard;
Luke McDonald | Hotel Manager
Travelodge Mirambeena Resort Darwin

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Reviewing of our several accomodations in Australia we must give the Travelodge Mirambeena Resort only an average mark. Due to an interruption through a 4 days tour we were guests of the hotel twice and we had 2 different rooms. Both rooms were not very fresh, we stated some little parts of unneglected edges. In relationship with the price we would have exspected more excellent rooms. The cleaning staff was hard-working but couldn't eliminate these unpleasant edges.
The behaviour of the staff at the reception mostly was friendly but sometimes uninterested, too.
The interior of the hotel is beautifully planted with Palms, bushes and trees but the pool and its surroundings is too small for this great hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Hans-Juergen,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at the resort.

It is always very pleasing to receive positive comments regarding our team in this occasion Housekeeping and Reception, I will pass your comments to the departments. I am also glad that you were able to enjoy the tropical gardens that we have here at the resort – the maintenance team work hard every day to up-keep this great part of the resort.

It is unfortunate that the rooms you stayed in were not as fresh as anticipated, we will use your feedback to improve this area of our guest experience going forward.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regard;