Travelodge Resort Darwin
US$169
US$162
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Oaks Elan Darwin(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$145
Mantra Pandanas(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$148
Hotels.com
US$153
Quality Hotel Darwin Airport(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$105
H Hotel(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$123
  • Restaurant
Mantra on the Esplanade(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$170
  • Restaurant
Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$126
Travelocity
US$76
US$74
Hotwire.com
1,879 results
All reviewstravelodge mirambeenatreetops restaurantpool bartravel lodgeacross the roadwoolworths supermarketbus stopwould stay againgreat poolmitchell streetpoolscbdpositionwaterfront
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 February 2014

First impressions - oh my goodness, what the heck is this place? It seemed like a whole mass of people just spend their time hanging around the front entrance. The check in process was not smooth and I was left waiting for quite some time, which I wasn't happy about as I had been on the go since 5am and, after working all day, it was 6pm when I got to check in. To top it off I wasn't told that the entrance to my unit would be padlocked after 9pm so I came staggering back with my shopping only to find I can't get to my room. It's pouring rain and I have four heavy bags. I had to traipse to reception to be just vaguely told that I have to go through the glass door. I go through the door and it's like "what, how, where????" How was I supposed to find my way to my room when I only arrived a few hours ago and still didn't have my bearings. The young girl at reception did end up walking me to my room but only because I made such a fuss. I think they expected me to just wander aimlessly until I found my room. Great. Carrying four heavy bags. I don't think so!

One you - you needed that security as it seemed that all sorts of "unsavoury characters" wandered in and out of the resort at all hours. I gave up,going out at night because I never felt totally safe in that area.

I was in one of the two story "town houses" which sounded really nice on the website but in reality was a really crummy, spartan room with a mezzanine floor for the bedroom. It was also the very first in the row nearest to the entrance, so I was on full view to the hordes milling around at reception and people passing on the other side could also see straight in. I had to close the drapes and blinds and leave them closed the whole time I was there, which made the place gloomy and dull. I was also told the room would be quiet. Not so. I could hear the traffic quite clearly on Cavanagh. Not happy at all. and then to be woken at 5.30am by people talking loudly just outside. Not good. Oh yeah and to top,it off all I could hear all night every night was this awful "thrumming" sound like a generator or something. It went all night and successfully kept me awake all night every night, and if I did happen to fall asleep then guaranteed some noisy person would walk past the room - or worse still stand just outside it on the walkway and carry on a very noisy (drunken) discussion. Just dreadful

My room had a nasty smell. I was very sick the whole time I was here and I only get sick like that when I am in contact with cigarette smoke, so I suspect people had been smoking in the room. There is no carpet downstairs and it is very stark. It also just didn't feel clean. I was cutting up my fruit and veggies in the kitchen and to be honest, the whole place felt so grubby, that I ended up not feeling like eating anything I had prepared even though I washed everything several times.

The air conditioning worked, thank goodness, but because it consisted of just split system units I found it annoying because it just blew directly on me when I was sitting watching tv, and ditto when trying to sleep, so I compromised by having the upstairs unit on when I was downstairs and then vice versa.

Parking was a joke. I would drag myself home after a 12 hour working day only to find I had nowhere to park. I ended up parking in the street and sometimes several blocks away. I basically had no choice. I guess if you work "normal" hours or got in from your sight seeing earlier I the day then maybe you would get parking but I certainly never could find any by the time I rocked in at 6.30-7pm

The only plus about this place is that it is a stones throw to Woolies supermarket so if you don't have transport it is easy to nip over there to get your shopping

I was surprised to see they actually did have a restaurant and room. Apparently if you pre pay for your breakfast, you get it at a discounted price of $17.50. However, my work colleague told me that the room service food was absolutely terrible. He said he waited over 1.5 hours to get his meal delivered and when it was delivered it was just brought to his room as a plate covered in tin foil. Because he wasn't in an apartment he didn't have any cutlery so he asked for cutlery to be brought up but he waited so long that the food went cold and he just decided to eat out instead.

I can only blame myself. I chose this place but I rapidly wished I had chosen somewhere else. I think someone on a budget might find it ok but I never want to stay here again and I cannot in all honesty recommend it

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
LukeMcDonald, Manager at Travelodge Resort Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear BrisCaz,

It was unfortunate that your check-in was delayed, during peak times for guest arrivals it is challenging to be able to avoid all delays however the reception team at the resort are very dedicated and are always working toward this goal.

The resort like many city hotels across Australia do have security procedures set in place to improve guests safety throughout their stay and additional measures in place during the night. Unfortunately we are unable to control what takes place beyond the resort walls – however we do actively work with local authorities relating to CBD area.

Inside all of the Resort rooms we do have in place a non-smoking policy, thank you for your feedback on this matter we do work diligently on maintaining and policing this policy and it is disappointing that this has affected the room environment during your stay.

The resort is well located in Darwin CBD included as you have mentioned that the CBD Woolworths is directly across the road which is very convenient for our guests.

It is regretful that you would not choose to stay at the resort on your next visit to Darwin, if you would like to discuss your feedback in further detail please contact the hotel directly.

Kind Regard;
Luke McDonald | Hotel Manager
Travelodge Mirambeena Resort Darwin

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Currently staying here and is definitely the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I have stayed at a lot of hotels. Service is a discrace and security is non existent. Among many other problems I have on my stay here, my car was broken into and all they could say is that they would refund me a nights accommodation. What an insult when I'm facing a huge car fix bill. On top of all this my parter just wants to leave here as she is so worried about the security. I don't know what to do but please don't make the same mistake I made and book this hotel. Mr Eagles

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank shaneeagles
Angela C, Manager at Travelodge Resort Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Mr Eagles,

Thank you for providing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Our team are regularly doing security walks and checks of the Hotel 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Our Guest Security is our utmost priority.

This issue was acted upon immediately and followed up personally with you during your visit on numerous occasions.

If you wish to discuss this in further detail, please contact the hotel directly.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Well was booked to stay here by my work and when they told me I wasnt keen. Having lived in Darwin previously I hadn't heard good things BUT I was nicely surprised during my stay.

PROS: - I arrived in the late evening and my air con was turned on in my room as well as the bedside lamps. Nice touch and appreciated.
- Room I had was not a basic one I think it was a standard motel but not 100% as I didnt book it. Obviously in the process of renovating as all furniture was new as well as carpet and fresh lick of paint. The daggy old bathroom and tea/coffee area was pretty dated though.
-Staff were really friendly and helpful!
-Great location with CBD close by, bus interchange out the front and woolies across the road as well.
- Pool area is one of the best in Darwin. Relaxed, tropical and secluded.

CONS: - The silver rubbish bin in my bathroom was FILTHY on the outside. It looked gross; like it had never been cleaned or wiped down. Had me questioning the cleanliness of the bathroom.
- Room service meal I had was average. It was only a garlic bread and it was burnt. In fact in some parts it was burnt BLACK! Ew. Shocking considering it was $13 as well rip OFF!!
- There was a dehumidifier in the room but no instructions on how to use it. Also limited range of temperature on the A/C. I got so cold I had to get a blanket from reception. The blankets on the bed; they shouldnt bother ha its like a sheet only!
- There was not dialling information or numbers to call reception from your room. It was a bit annoying given the size of the resort as reception can be a bit of a walk away if you need to request anything.

My stay was pretty good overall with only minor things to note so for the price you can't go wrong in a standard room at this time of year :)

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LouiseMaxiMaxwell

Dear LouiseMaxiMaxwell

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us.

We have shared your comments withour team for immediate action and improvements on your issues raised.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

stayed a week in late jan, stayed in a town house that didn't look too bad. but latter that night got up to go to the toilet and was stunned to see lots of cockroaches running around on the floor and basin, then on the way to the bed the floor had about 10 that I could see. the next day and two cans of surface spray, and can of fly spray to contain them slightly for the week. a large dead cockroach was on the floor of the bathroom for four days!. one day I timed the cleaner, and it took her two min and ten seconds to make the bed and do the general cleaning!. the pool area was good, but there was no one attending the bar for most of the time, also they close it at 8pm, even if there were a lot of people there. this is a very poor resort for the money that they charge. my advice is look around for another place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank grant61

Dear Grant61,

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay at our hotel.

We apologise for not meeting your expectations during your stay and welcome you to contact the hotel direct to discuss your concerns in further details.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed in a townhouse for 6 nights and found it quiet and clean. Yes this place could do with a spruce up, chipped paint and grubby walls, but beds are comfortable, cleaning staff work hard and reception staff couldn't do enough to ensure a pleasant stay. Had one meal in Treetops restaurant and it was exceptional, too full for dessert so it was delivered to our room an hour later, yum! Close to Woolies so easy to self cater. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay in a townhouse if you like space.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sukisj

Dear Sukisj

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel.

We have shared your feedback with our team, guest experience and satisfaction are our priority.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit.